Skip to content
any info on these syndromes C.A.O.S and PPROM
kbermeo posted:
does any one have any info on these syndromes??? C.A.O.S (chronic abruption oligohydramnios syndrome) or PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes) i am currently being diagnoesed with one of these. im 22 weeks 6days pregnant, my amniotic fluid is at a 3, my cervical length is shortening im at a 1.6, baby is head down and dilated 1 cm and the nurse was able to stick half her finger in. we are starting steriods satureday when i 23 weeks 0 days. they said if she is born at 23 weeks 5days they can completly medically intervien. i was just wondering how long people with these syndroms are usually pregnant. and how long they stay pregnant. and if you have any other info i would greatly appriciate it

1stGrace responded:
I wish I had more information for you. I did want to share a story about my sister's experience. She had PPROM at 25 weeks. She was placed in the hospital where she was given steroids, drank lots of water everyday to help replenish amniotic fluid, and was monitored closely. My nephew was born at 28 weeks and 2 days. So she made it 3 weeks before birth. I won't say the time in the NICU wasn't difficult but he is a healthy 7 year old boy now. I hope this provides a little encouragement at a difficult time. I will pray for you and your precious little one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Pamela Egan, NP-C, CDE, MN, ABAAHP is a board-certified nurse practitioner, certified diabetes educator, certified expert in clinical nutrition, anti-...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.