Skip to content
Leak in placenta or clot
krystalshantel posted:
The doctor told me yesterday that i may have a leak in the placenta or a clot, i just had a cerclage done yesterday also. She says that i need to be resting a lot more than normal and don't do any activities. I'm not really sure what it means to have a leak in the placenta and what could happen. Could someone help me?

RobynMia responded:
I know you posted 4 weeks ago so you may have gotten an all clear. I have had the same diagnoses. I have been put on low activity to include no sex for several weeks. All this means is that you may be at a higher risk for miscarriage. Your body may just heal up on it's own, which is the hope. You may just absorb the clot or it may pass through you vaginally. Also, depending on where the clot or leak is you may be in better shape. You want it near the side or bottom of your uterus. Just take care of yourself and take it easy, that is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you start to spot call your doctor. Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.