Skip to content
I am 25 weeks pregnant, my ultrasound tech found calcium spots on my ultrasound, what does this mean?
Ebonychanelle posted:
My unborn son has a bright spot in his left ventricle, indicating too calcium. I am going to a radiologist and scheduled for genetic counseling. my doctor said everything is normal with no worries, but why then am I going through this? Is there anything that can be done to help?
christusamat responded:
It might be just my opinion, but if you have my kind of husband, he would certainly object to you going to a radiologist since X-ray exposure can harm a fetus. But with that being said, both he and I worry about our baby from our different backgrounds of knowledge since he is a Ph.D. in biochemical engineering and I am a pharmacist. In my opinion, you might want to do more research online and consult the opinions of more OB/GYN's since as a pharmacist I know that given the same issue, sometimes different healthcare professionals might have different opinions. Try to make informed decisions after finding out the pathophysiology and the rationales of different treatments along with their safety. I am not an OB/GYN, but coming from a medical background myself, you might want to ask your OB/GYN if you should decrease your calcium intake for now (are you taking calcium tablets along with lots of dietary intake from milk/cheese?) Ask your OB/GYN if you might be overdosed with vitamin D which helps the absorption of calcium. Some suggestions to you but not definite answers. Again, the safety of X-ray for now, overdose on calcium/vitamin D. Hope that helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.