Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
At risk to miscarry...stressed out
ycul78 posted:
Hi, this is my first post ever anywhere. I just need to vent my story. I have an 18 month old son and my pregnancy with him was ok except that I went into preterm labor and didn't even know it. I was on bedrest for a month and then delivered him safely. Then, I miscarried in August at 2 months. My husband and I were shocked and devasted when we saw the empty sac on the monitor. After 3 months we tried again and I am currently pregnant (13 wks.) and been spotting since I found out. At first, he said that I was in danger of miscarring. Then he couldn't see any signs of bleeding in my uterus. Recently, I've been bleeding even more and was just told by my dr. that again it seems that my body might want to miscarry. I am just so sad and scared of what might happen. I am scheduled for another sono this coming Monday. The baby does have a heartbeat so I am still very hopeful that this will stop. Thanks for listening/reading.

mlynn927 responded:
I'm so sorry to hear this -- I remember too well the devastation felt when you expect to see your tiny baby on the monitor but instead there's nothing but a sac. I'm sure it makes this time around -- already scary in its own right -- even more stressful. I don't have any insight for you, and don't want to be one of those people who gives you my two cents on something I have no education in, but I will be praying for you and your little one. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

ycul78 replied to mlynn927's response:
Thank you...I really appreciate your thoughts and taking the time to respond. We are hanging in there.

RobynMia responded:
I am sorry to hear. I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first and have been put on very limited activity (to include no sex) because of a series of complications that leave me at a higher risk to miscarry. Just remember that little one's inside of you get sick too and don't have half of what we have to get better. You and your family wouldn't be put in a situation that you couldn't handle. My prayers to you, your family, and little one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.