Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prothombin Gene Mutation and Pregnancy
CZABEK posted:
I was diagnosed with the gene mutation after I had a stroke and blood clot in my brain. I carried my first child without any complications at all and had no clue at the time that i even had the gene mutation. I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second child and started 40mg of Lovenox daily today. They also tested my progesterone levels and they came back a little low around a 6.5 so they started me on supplements for that as well. I am very concerned that having this mutation will cause multiple issues during my pregnancy and was wondering if anyone else had to deal with the low progesterone or any other issues. I am so blessed to have my son who is two and my husband and I have been trying for 7 months for another and we are so excited its finally happened, we are just nervous and afraid to get our hopes up because of all the things that could go wrong.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.