Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP! 6 weeks pregnant and some bleeding
lmr_1323 posted:
Hello, everyone. Today I am 6 weeks pregnant, 3 days. This is my third pregnancy. The first blessed me with a beautiful baby girl who is now 2 1/2 years old. The second, a little over a year ago, resulted in a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. Yesterday, I was experiencing some abdominal aches, but no cramping, or anything resembling menstruation. Trying not to freak myself out, I chalked it up to the stretching of my uterus, but I was still very concerned. I felt like something was wrong. That morning, I strained and twisted a funny way to get my daughter into her car seat (in a new car I'm still getting used to.) As I was walking around to the driver's seat, I felt a warm gush. I checked, and there was bright red blood on my underwear. I started to lose hope, figuring that I was in fact having another miscarriage. However, that one gush of blood was the only bright red I saw. Within the next hour, I was spotting brown and though I wore a pad to monitor what was going on, the only time I've seen it since is when I wipe. Also, I am RH- and my husband is RH+. My daughter's blood is positive also, and I did recieve the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks pregnant with her, and again within 72 hrs after delivery. I do not recall getting a shot at anytime through my experience with the miscarriage. I am worried that this might have something to do with the bleeding. Of course, I've been reading discussion boards all over the internet trying to get some answers, but I know that no one's situation is identical to mine. So I'm asking for help, advice, anything, as soon as possible, as I do not know when I will be able to make it to a doctor, or if it will be in enough time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother nine beautiful angels all vaginal deliveries no complications except what's to be expected. When I was pregnant with my 7 th child I...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful