Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP! 6 weeks pregnant and some bleeding
lmr_1323 posted:
Hello, everyone. Today I am 6 weeks pregnant, 3 days. This is my third pregnancy. The first blessed me with a beautiful baby girl who is now 2 1/2 years old. The second, a little over a year ago, resulted in a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. Yesterday, I was experiencing some abdominal aches, but no cramping, or anything resembling menstruation. Trying not to freak myself out, I chalked it up to the stretching of my uterus, but I was still very concerned. I felt like something was wrong. That morning, I strained and twisted a funny way to get my daughter into her car seat (in a new car I'm still getting used to.) As I was walking around to the driver's seat, I felt a warm gush. I checked, and there was bright red blood on my underwear. I started to lose hope, figuring that I was in fact having another miscarriage. However, that one gush of blood was the only bright red I saw. Within the next hour, I was spotting brown and though I wore a pad to monitor what was going on, the only time I've seen it since is when I wipe. Also, I am RH- and my husband is RH+. My daughter's blood is positive also, and I did recieve the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks pregnant with her, and again within 72 hrs after delivery. I do not recall getting a shot at anytime through my experience with the miscarriage. I am worried that this might have something to do with the bleeding. Of course, I've been reading discussion boards all over the internet trying to get some answers, but I know that no one's situation is identical to mine. So I'm asking for help, advice, anything, as soon as possible, as I do not know when I will be able to make it to a doctor, or if it will be in enough time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 years old and just had my first Laprascopic surgery. My OBGYN found 2 uterus 2 cervix I have a Didelphic Uterus. Ive had chronic cramps dur...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.