Skip to content
LOVENOX & PREGNANCY
ciinnam0nbby posted:
HI I HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH DVTS & P.E SINCE 2007. IT SUCKS !!
I WAS ON THE 10 YEAR IUD UNTIL SEPT. OF THIS YEAR WHEN ME AND MY HUSBAND DECIDED WE WANTED TO TRY TO HAVE A LIL ONE. WHEN I TALKED TO MY OB DR BEFORE SHE REMOVED IT SHE TOLD ME IT WASNT A GOOD IDEA DUE TO THE RISKS OF CLOTS. I SINCE THEN HAVE REMOVED IT AND AWAITING TO GET PREGNANT. I HAVE BEEN TAKING THE LOVENOX SHOTS SINCE THEN ( ABOUT 2 MONTH) TO PREVENT ANY CLOTS FROM FORMING, BUT I STILL HAVENT COME OUT PREGNANT. IVE NEVER TAKEN HEPARIN BUT I WAS TOLD WHEN I DO COME OUT PREGNANT I WOULD HAVE TO EVENTUALLY SWITCH TOWARDS THE END OF MY PREGNANCY SINCE I HAVE TO HAVE A CESARIAN. LOVENOX YEAH GIVES A STINGING SENSATION AND BRUISING BUT IS A HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY. GOOD THING I DONT PAY FOR IT. I HAVE MISSED MY PERIOD FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS ALREADY BUT EVERY PREGNANCY TEST I HAVE TAKEN IS NEGATIVE. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY STORY WITH YALL , AND BEST LUCK TO EVERYONE ON HERE.

dischm1 responded:
I feel for you!! I have gone thru rounds of Lovenox trying to get pregnant and keep one. I have read every trick out there to try to make the shot more comfortable and not bruise, but it still seems it's so hit or miss not matter what I do! How are you doing with your shots? Have you found any tricks that work? Hope your journey is going well, it's hard to stay strong! Take care!

Bdance replied to dischm1's response:
HI I used lovenox during my pregnancy. I found the injection in the belly hurts less than in the thigh. I mostly did not use ice prior to the injection, it made me more nervous and it really did not make it much better, I thought (But every now and then I'd try it). I found under the belly button to the left or right alternating sides daily helped to relieve the soreness.
Good luck and best wishes!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother nine beautiful angels all vaginal deliveries no complications except what's to be expected. When I was pregnant with my 7 th child I...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.