Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy and Type 1 diabetes
Bsjelly05 posted:
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help or discuss with me my current delima with trying to get pregnant with type 1 diabetes for 18yrs. Seems like the world is telling me not to do it but most dont understand what I feel I am newly married have 2 children already 12yr old boy and 7yr boy, anyone have 3 kids and can give me advice please!

Angiemarie1216 responded:
I am type 1 for 26 years and am currently 24 weeks along with my first child. Not only that but I have a clotting disorder for which they have put me on daily Lovenox shots. It is challenging, to say the least, but it can be done with hard work and determination. I'm sure the balancing act will be more difficult with a family to take care of. What does your doctor say?

Bsjelly05 replied to Angiemarie1216's response:
My doctor says it is possible I got my A1C at a 7, they want it at a 6 or lower, I am working very hard at that, my family is the ones that fear this choice, my husband not so much he wants another but still unsure with my health

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have Type 2 Diabetes and pregnant with my first child. My fiancee and I are too excited. He thought that he couldn't have kids and then this mir...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.