Skip to content
Lovenox during pregnancy
wantababy2 posted:
I am currently going through fertility treatments for the first time. I am taking meds to stimulate egg growth right now. I found out about a month ago that I have Antiphospholipid syndrome. My fertility Dr. immediately put me on 81mg baby aspirin and strongly suggests that I take lovenox after the egg retrieval, throughout the entire pregnancy and six weeks after giving birth to help avoid chance of miscarriage. My regular Gyn and hematologist feel that I should not take lovenox. After reading about all of the side effects I am starting to agree with them. Both my mother and sister miscarried with their first child. I would hate to miscarry especially after going through fertility treatments, but I fear the negative effects lovenox could have on my unborn child. Any advise? Any positive results with pregnancy and lovenox?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys ra...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.