Skip to content
Prothrombin gene, MTHFR and pregnancy
An_254389 posted:
I recently found out that I have a heterozygous prothrombin gene mutation and a homozygous MTHFR c677t gene mutation. I was primarily advised by my physician to stop birth control and to go see my OB GYN. When I visited the OBGYN, they referred me to a hematologist (I am still waiting for an appointment). What implications do these have on fertility? Pregnancy? My husband and I would like to try to conceive in the next year, but this news (and some blog posts online) have me a bit worried about it. Does anyone have a similar story or experience they would be willing to share? Tips about visiting the hematologist?

Spotlight: Member Stories

On April 4th (Easter Sunday)2010, I went into labor at 22 weeks and delivered a beautiful baby boy I named Bryce. He lived for three hours before he d...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.