Skip to content

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
Low hormone levels
Linamy posted:
Hi I just found out last week that I am pregnant. I took 4 hpt and they all came back positive. Last night I went to the er and they said my hormone levelso are really low. They did the ultra sound transvaginal but they didn't see anything. They told me that it may be to early to tell and I will go get my hormone levels checked again in 21w569 days. Does any one know if this is an early sign of miscarriage our ectopic pregnancy? They told me they were also concerned with that.

poohbear441 responded:
it maybe too early. Consult with your doctor so they can do a blood test. How does a pregnancy test at the hospital cost? I am 14 weeks late but got a negative test. I dont have any insurance.

mlk240 responded:
I have had low hormone levels as well, and the doctor had me use Crinone progesterone gel. I went through a couple of losses where my numbers were low. That can be a first indication of miscarriage or ectopic, so I would highly recommend getting additional bloodwork, and possibly an ultrasound to check on the baby, for peace of mind.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi!! I am35 yrs old.... a single parent of three...9 girl, 14 boy and almost 17 boy!! Ok here goes......I had unprotected sex on Saturday the 8th of M...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.