Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
Weigh Up and Down First Trimester
lbcash posted:
I am now 10 weeks pregnant and I have gained two pounds, then lost those two pounds and another half a pound. So, I weigh half a pound less than when I started. I have Crohn's but I haven't had any symptoms of a flare up and I really don't want to go back on my meds unless I have to (even though they say Cat B meds are safe). I called my OB's nurse and she said that fluctuations in weight during the first trimester is normal. Anybody else having fluctuations in there weight?

Also I weigh in at a healthy BMI.

kjensen15 responded:
Yes my weight has fluctuated as well! I am about 9 and a half weeks. It can be caused by the amount of water you've consumed, what you've eaten, or what time of day you weighed.

lbcash replied to kjensen15's response:
Thanks for your reply! I still haven't gained any weight yet but with this being my second child my belly has actually started to show, and that kind of makes me feel a little better. I go to my first appointment next Thursday.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi!! I am35 yrs old.... a single parent of three...9 girl, 14 boy and almost 17 boy!! Ok here goes......I had unprotected sex on Saturday the 8th of M...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.