Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
Can I get pregnant
yessilalocalinda posted:
Hello, my name is Emily, I am using my cousin Jessica's page to see fi I can find some answers for my problem. I have PCOS also known as Polycystic Syndrome, I have been trying to get pregnant for a long time and just can't is this because of this disease? Can I ever get pregnant? Is there any over the counter medications that I can use to help me get pregnant? Please help. I am so scared I am going to be to old to have kids soon.

mlk240 responded:
Hi,

I also have PCOS, and I have had to work with my OB/Gyn pretty closely to make this second baby happen. I started eating a low carb diet, exercising regularly, and taking metformin to help with the insulin resistance. That enables me to get pregnant, but my progesterone levels are low, so I also have to take progesterone supplements during the first trimester. I have had 2 m/c and one ectopic that ruptured, so it definitely has been challenging. I got pregnant with my son after college when I was working out daily, eating right, and had just lost 20lbs....go figure!! I would highly recommend talking to your doctor to see what he/she thinks about your possiblilities and how they may be able to help.

Best of luck to you!!
Randi

SimonaSwaby responded:
I have PCOS as well and I got pregnant on the Glucophage. I got pregnant pretty quick with my boyfriend we actually got pregnant nine days after my cycle. But I did lose my baby so we are working on our next baby. Due to a weak cervix I need to be watch closely next time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of one son and due with a new baby on November 23, 2010!

Helpful Tips

boy or girl
when can ifind out what i am haveing? More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!