Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
Can I get pregnant
yessilalocalinda posted:
Hello, my name is Emily, I am using my cousin Jessica's page to see fi I can find some answers for my problem. I have PCOS also known as Polycystic Syndrome, I have been trying to get pregnant for a long time and just can't is this because of this disease? Can I ever get pregnant? Is there any over the counter medications that I can use to help me get pregnant? Please help. I am so scared I am going to be to old to have kids soon.

mlk240 responded:
Hi,

I also have PCOS, and I have had to work with my OB/Gyn pretty closely to make this second baby happen. I started eating a low carb diet, exercising regularly, and taking metformin to help with the insulin resistance. That enables me to get pregnant, but my progesterone levels are low, so I also have to take progesterone supplements during the first trimester. I have had 2 m/c and one ectopic that ruptured, so it definitely has been challenging. I got pregnant with my son after college when I was working out daily, eating right, and had just lost 20lbs....go figure!! I would highly recommend talking to your doctor to see what he/she thinks about your possiblilities and how they may be able to help.

Best of luck to you!!
Randi

SimonaSwaby responded:
I have PCOS as well and I got pregnant on the Glucophage. I got pregnant pretty quick with my boyfriend we actually got pregnant nine days after my cycle. But I did lose my baby so we are working on our next baby. Due to a weak cervix I need to be watch closely next time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi!! I am35 yrs old.... a single parent of three...9 girl, 14 boy and almost 17 boy!! Ok here goes......I had unprotected sex on Saturday the 8th of M...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.