Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
birth control and medications before pregnancy
VampOrange posted:
am a 25 year old female and i am thinking about getting pregnant but i am still taking birth control pills. I am going to stop taking them as soon as possible, but i was wandering when should i start trying to conceive.
i am also taking some script meds such as, lexapro, and some medicine for my back. i also take an acid reducer twice daily for my acid reflex. should i stop taking these meds? when i do have my periods they are so heavy that i have to wear 2 pads at a time. what causes me to have such a heavy flow? i am over weight for my height and age, but i stay hungry all day.

KLN777 responded:
Check with your doctor about your meds and about your weight issues before you start trying. You definitely need to know from a doctor what meds are safe and which ones are not, at least. You can start trying as soon as you stop taking your birth control. If you want to do it quickly, I recommend you use an ovulation prediction kit. I am 3 for 3 getting pregnant using those. It tells you when to have sex to get pregnant. (Not everyone gets pregnant immediately with them. I am very fertile, haha.) a friend of mine also had similar success. Good luck! Just check on the meds thing before you get pregnant.

VampOrange replied to KLN777's response:
thank you so much KLN777 i appreaciate ur advice very much and i will make an appt wit my doc and go to the store to get that kit....thank you again...i dont have any kids and i would like to have at least one before im 30....thank you again

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi!! I am35 yrs old.... a single parent of three...9 girl, 14 boy and almost 17 boy!! Ok here goes......I had unprotected sex on Saturday the 8th of M...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!