Skip to content

Announcements

Get answers to your pregnancy questions from our WebMD Pregnancy Experts.
Positive then negative pregnancy test?
aratae21 posted:
Yesterday morning I took a forelife pregnancy test. There were two lines, the one on the left is very faint. [br>I posted the picture on here under unsure and 33 people voted, all saying positive.[br>This morning I took another test and it was negative, and the second line from yesterday's test has now disappeared, I am assuming because my levels are too low.[br>Could I be pregnant?

Take the Poll

Am I pregnant?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

kristine403 responded:
Hi, if you have seen two lines even if the other one is faint it is definitely a positive. But, it is always better to check it on with a doctor just to be sure that there is nothing wrong. Have you been experiencing something different with your body? Let me also share here with you a site where you could learn why you need to use a due date calculator, good luck. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/articles/top-5-reasons-to-use-a-due-date-calculator.html

An_259864 responded:
you may want to be careful. This has happened to me once and i was showing all pregnancy symptoms and when i went to the doctor to get tested, they said I had Mono and was not pregnant. I took 2 tests wich both came out slightly positive and took one the next morning and was a flat negative. If you are experiencing tummy pains at all, i suggest going to the doctor to take a urine and a blood test to search you not only for pregnancy but the possibility of some diseases. I was so sad when i found out that i wasn't pregnant.. turns out i just had mono. What a bummer!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of one son and due with a new baby on November 23, 2010!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.