Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Chips and Salsa
princessm90 posted:
Now that I am pregnant, I am always ALWAYS ALLLLLWWWAAYYYYS craving chips and salsa.Even though my body does not always react the greatest with spicy salsa and fried chips. I've heard stories that eating spicy food isn't good for the baby. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

sj2777 responded:
That is not true; enjoy your chips & salsa!

alikat78 responded:
i i have a friend who eats food so spicy i can not even smell her food she doesn't even know how to cook with out it being hot its funny she cooks for me once in a while and she says she make it not spicy for me and i almost can't handle it but she ate that way with all three of her pregnancy and she and her kids are just fine. i don't think they have taste buds. lol. but from what i understand as long as you can handle it the baby can handle it

kbrown55 responded:
(lurking from 3rd trimester) -- ok all I can say is it is 7:52am and chips & salsa sounds SOOOOOOOO good right now! Yummy!!! I ate spicey food all the time w/ DD & other than the heartburn everything was fine. Dang, I think I might need to run to the store and grab some for lunch/snack. :eek:

Kimjj514 responded:
lmao! I have to laugh because chips and salsa were the first thing I craved upon finding out I was pregnant, before the morning sickness started. As far as eating spicy foods, it won't affect the baby. It's more of an issue when you're breastfeeding because it can give the baby gas. But for now...eat away!

brandyceliz81 responded:
I have been craving jalapenos and hot mexican food for a month now! Glad to know spicy stuff isn't bad for the baby!

devlinm responded:
Eat away! I love spicy foods with this pregnancy and my last. Just beware of the heartburn that might come along with it.

poppyogs responded:
I was told spicy food does not hurt the baby. Thank goodness because I live off of spicy food. So yummy!

TrinRicanBaby responded:
ohhh, love love love chips and salsa.... and i add in some grated cheese and light sour cream and oooohhh la la. I eat spice with everything... i have "pepper sauce/hot sauce" from home that i always eat and ate with my first DS and he was completely fine. Hey! your baby will love chips and salsa and spicy foods :grin:

Cadesmom0924 responded:
It is 10:23 a.m. EST and I am enjoying chips and salsa as I write!

Jess40005 responded:
if that was true DS would have had the "bad reaction" He is perfectly fine. That is the one thing I always ate with him lol. Maybe try the pace thick n chunky mild if spicy starts bothering you but the spice is not going to hurt the baby at all.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am 24 and my SO is 25. This is our first baby. We have been together 2 years. Not married yet but will be next April. We are very excited about ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.