Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Lysol and pregnancy
Shadwick80 posted:
I am at 12 weeks tomorrow and my mom came over tonight and I was cleaning my counters with Lysol bacterial spray! I clean like 2 a week my counters with it and now I am freaking out because my mom said the smell was so strong! I am going to get the safe stuff that I had used before! I didn't know if anyone had used Lysol while pregnant and what they have to say about it! I guess it really doesn't matter now, but I wasn't using it all the time, like once or twice a week! But it is a strong smell! I will just get the safe stuff! anyway, just want to see what anyone else says! thanks so much! Being pregnant is stressful!

Lovin_my_babies responded:
I have always used lysol, and have never had any issues with it. I have also never been advised not to use it, nor have i ever heard of that. i am sure it is fine, but if you want to switch go right ahead. i mean lysol is what is recommended to clean baby toys with and many moms are cleaning these toys during pregnancy, so i dont see what the issue would be... GL

allyson2233 responded:
You could try Clorox "anywhere" spray. It kills germs and does not have an over powering odor.

yzzil2103 responded:
You could try the Lysol wipes instead of spray as well! I was using them yesterday all day at work to avoid the germs of sick coworkers. Its funny because today my hands are super soft and I swear its from the wipes.

Shadwick80 responded:
thanks guys! I feel better! I just typed in Lsyol and pregant yesterday before going on here and everyone was saying no never use it and I wanted to see what people on web md said! I got totally different reponse! so funny! I figured to that it has not label for pregnant women and you doctor never says anything! Thank you for your responses!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for 6 years now and this is our first baby! We are very excited to begin this new chapter in our life!

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.