Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Kmart/Maternity Clothes?
peachyisthelife posted:
Does anyone know if Kmart sells maternity clothes? I found an awesome pair of capri jeans at Goodwill that look brand new, and it seems like it might be a Kmart brand. I've got a Kmart near me, but never go, but I will if they sell maternity clothes!

mazdagirl1977 responded:
The Kmart in my area no longer carries maternity clothes. I have no idea when they stopped selling them. Some of the area Wal-Marts stopped selling them too.

carolyntj responded:
the kmart in lawton, oklahoma still sells maternity clothes but the walmart doesn't. dont know where you are but hope this helps

MicheleVH responded:
lurking... What I found is about all you can do is go to your local one and see. Here around me I looked all over and couldn't find anything and then I had a sales associate tell me that most of the stores have stopped carrying maternity clothes because a lot of women don't wear them, they wear yoga pants and sweats apparently. I found my maternity jeans at a local thrift store too! GL! ~Michele

bee12 responded:
Just FYI... I live in Fl and niether Kmart nor Walmart sell Maternity clothes anymore.. I ended up going to a Ross and found a few nice things...

peachyisthelife responded:
Thanks guys! You at least answered my question of whether kmart MADE maternity clothes, so I'll still go check my local store out since it's so nearby. I figured they would be pretty affordable, that's why I'm excited! I hate spending a lot of money on something I'll only wear a few months. Ebay can be a good place to find some affordable pieces, too, but for some reason the last few weeks things have been going for a lot higher than normal. Not complaining too much, though, I just sold a pair of maternity jeans on ebay that no longer fit me, the highest bid went up to $20! Rediculous! Great for me, but they were so not worth that much lol. Especially when I think I bought them on ebay orginally :sillygrin: Oh well, she seemed happy with the jeans. Thrift stores are great places to look, too.

funkeemieka responded:
hi...i can honestly tell u kmart has really ugly maternity clothes...they look like theyre made for a women in her 50's...i went looking for maternity clothes there and i was let down...they barely had a maternity area...and i was let down...target and walmart have incredibly beautiful maternity clothes...good luck hun!!!

Aw man, really? That stinks. Worth checking out, though, maybe they'll have a fairly normal pair of jeans or something. Thanks!

Temeritee responded:
yeah the closest kmart to me had maternity clothes, but none I'd ever want to wear, lol.

Celina88 responded:
I got lucky, because in our mall we have a store dedicated to all that concerns pregnancy!!! Clothes, books, lotions, pumps, hell even some special shoes! (you can just slip them on, so no bending down!) But the Kmart and Wal-mart around me (New Hampshire) carry nothing. Some stores do, but the other stores I checked out, all the maternity clothes were yucky..too many bright colors for me, it gave me a headache. If you can't find a good store, try online. ^_^ Or goodwill might have some stuff, they're pretty good.

whywhywhy28 responded:
I know that the KMart in my area doesn't sell any...but they're going out of business anyway by me....you should try Old Navy. I found maternity yoga pants there for 12 bucks!!! And they're really cute! Plus, I can wear them after i have the baby. You should check them out.

orin34 responded:
I bought some things off old navy.com for CHEAP (I shopped the clearance section), another place you can try is target (although, I tried there and the section was a tad small..... AND the clothing sizes run a tad smaller than normal... 2x didn't fit me at target, but 2x fits me from ANY other retailer). Another thing I noticed.... it isn't just those retailers that are getting rid of their maternity sections, I went to several DEPARTMENT stores (Macy's, JC PENNY, ECT) and their selection was pitiful as well....

whywhywhy28 responded:
I guess if I ever want to go into a retail business venture, I'll know which area needs the most help!

dwaw02 responded:
I don't know about the Kmart question, but wanted to say that I got the $12 Old Navy pants too. Love them, and they're cute enough that I can even wear them to work on a Friday. I got a bunch of stuff at JC Penney's (I needed stuff for professional work envionment). The shirts were so cheap! $8 &$9 for some really cute ones!

Yeah, Kmart by me didn't carry maternity. But they had AWESOME clearance on kids clothes and I got cute jeans for my 1yo for next winter for just $1.79 each! Amazing deal! I did stock up at oldnavy.com on good clearance deals. But I wasn't aware that they run huge so they're all too big for me. Hopefully still wearable, though, at some point. All the Old Navy's near me stopped carrying maternity recently :frown: I wish their clothes weren't such cheap quality, though!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 30 year old single Mother of 2 girls from a previous marriage. Currently pregnant with baby # 3, an unplanned surprise. We are very happy and e...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.