Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
pain?
Tiphawee posted:
i have a pain in my area... also below my belly button.. < that only once or twice... could it be growing pains? im 16 weeks and 2 days.. the pain under my belly button is kinda like. gas or having to go number 2... but trust me i dont.. i know TMI but.. im worried.

KLN777 responded:
I'm 15w1d and I've been having similar pains. From what I understand, it can hurt at times when your uterus grows. There is a whole lot of stretching taking place. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about as long as you don't have any bleeding or anything. If you are still concerned, go ahead and call your dr's office. I know mine has nurses available to talk to patients on the phone about concerns like this. If that would help, def call. That's what they're there for. Take care! I hope you stop hurting soon and I'm sure everything is fine.

ClosetRocker responded:
I heard that RLP (round ligament pain) can come in various forms so it may be that. I went to the ER last week because of some cramping and the doc told me that it could very well be RLP. I agree with PP that I would ask a healthcare professional just to be safe but it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Bandia1206 replied to ClosetRocker's response:
I had pains similar to what you are explaining. My doc said they could be growing pains. If the pains are severe enough, I would call your doc just to verify that they are nothing to worry about :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

After years of the Doctors telling me I wouldn't have a baby due to female troubles and since 2001 my diabetes. I had a surprise baby 5/24/2009. I...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.