Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Should i call the doctor??
Vspears01 posted:
Hi
im not use to the new boards yet but i found my way through
I do have a question. At my 19week appointment (the big u/s) the doc said that i had placenta previa. she said that the placenta was lying right next to my cervix and she is going to recheck at 26 weeks to see if it has moved.
this past sunday (21 weeks 4 days) i had some spotting. it wasnt bad at all only when i wiped there was a small red spot on the tp and it happened twice in a row. And my lower pelvis region was/is kinda achy(near the cervix). it hasn't happened again and the baby is kicking and moving like he should. I just don't know if i should call the doctor on this one.TIA

jsmanning responded:
Not sure...I do know that with Placenta previa it is normal to have an occasional spotting. Just as long as it's not severe or constant. As for the pain, not sure. I would call the doctor in the morning for sure of if the bleeding gets worse. Keep your feet up and stay on 'bed rest' until you do get ahold of the doctor!

mommyof3kiddos responded:
I haven't had previa but like the pp I have heard it can cause spotting. I don't think I would freak out worry too much but I also think I would check in with the doctor just to be sure.

Debaroonie replied to mommyof3kiddos's response:
I think it is normal, but I would still call the Dr. My office is very friendly & understanding. I have a low lying placenta & they are checking me in a few weeks also.Take it easy & give your doc a call just to give you a piece of mind

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for 3 years, my husband and I have one child DS 21 months, we had a miscarriage in April and a miscarriage in June. We will always...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.