Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Pelvis Pain?
snaps_mcgee88 posted:
Ok, this is my first baby and pregnancy and I of course dont know what to exactly expect until they happen.

Well, last night it seemed like when I was laying down in bed and sometimes when I would move I had sharp pains in my right pelvis area. It fealt like I had pulled my muscle or something, but I'm not for sure really. Has anyone else had this happen close to 3rd trimester or should I call the doctor even though its a Saturday and would have to go to the hospital instead? Please reply! It got my thinking/worrying. I am 26 weeks and 3 days along.

Jamie (me 21), Andrew (hubby 22), Zach (cat baby 2), and to top it all off with a cherry: our little Aubree Chyanne due June 9th, 2010!

Jayhawk78 responded:
I'm thinking it could be RLP (round ligament pain). What you described sounds like what I've had since about 14 weeks or so. And I usually feel it when I'm getting in and out of bed or twisting at the waist. (I'm 25 weeks as of tomorrow.) I would think you are okay unless it's a really sharp stabbing type pain or felt like a contraction-like feeling. IDK if that helps you - sorry you're getting a scare like that on the weekend! Hope you feel better soon!

Me (Jill) 31; DH (Derek) 31; EDD 6/20/10 with a girl - Jade Elizabeth!

jsmanning replied to Jayhawk78's response:
I'm 15 weeks as of tomorrow and mine started this week. I had an achy feeling then in later that day I went to get out of my truck and kinda twisted getting down and it fell like I had been cut in half! OUCH! But since then I have been having the mild and some times sharp pains. Mainly when I move my waste! I assumed they were round ligament pains as well.

imreddy responded:
I started feeling that pretty early on as well. Possibly around 12-13 weeks, but I'm carrying twins. The doctor said it's round ligament pains, and it's a lot worse when twisting around in bed. However, as of this past Tuesday, I started cramping all the time when I walk. Standing isn't an issue, sitting, or laying down, just walking kills me. Doc says it's just round ligament pain, though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie; I'm 33 and am currently a SAHM. My boys are 5 and 3 1/2 years old, and we are expecting our 3rd boy around July 22, 2010!

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful