Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
MOLD
beckysknitting posted:
we started moving things so we have a nursery - we found mold in our basement. Is my LO in danger? any advice would help. there is quite a bit of mold - it's on the floor - under the lenoleum and carpet. My DH is planning on ripping and burning for the next several weekends. Our family room is down there.

Becky

KLN777 responded:
First of all, you should STAY AWAY! Mold can make you very sick, so you should stay out of your basement and have your husband kill the mold ASAP. Bleach should do the job on hard surfaces, like linoleum. I had a problem with carpet mold a few months ago. Everything I found said you have to rip up the carpet or it would come back. Then I found somewhere on-line where someone said Lysol Brand Concentrate (the red liquid in the brown bottle) mixed with water in a steam cleaner kills mold in carpet. I tried it and it worked beautifully (the stain, however, stayed around, but the actual mold was completely gone). I went over the spot with the steam cleaner over and over for about 45 mins. When it was dry, we pulled back the carpet to make sure it was gone from the carpet, pad, and floorboards. Then we pulled it back to check again after 1 wk and again after 2 wks. It never came back. If it's in the walls, I have no idea what to tell you, but bleach on hard surfaces and Lysol Concentrate in a steam cleaner on the carpet should take care of your floors. GL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Alison, I met my husband 4 yrs ago at a Sci-Fi convention where it was the rare love at first sight. We married a year later and after 3 yr...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.