Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Morning Sickness Advice Needed
Maggiemae2009 posted:
I have a friend that is in her first trimester and is have SEVERE vomiting and diarrhea.

She has been to the ER several times. She?s even has had IV fluids...the count right now has been 7 bags. Friend's mom says this is like nothing she's ever seen. When friend starts vomiting, she doesn't stop until she's completely empty.

She has done everything the dr's have said. Taken all the meds, but she is still vomiting and having diarrhea. What more can be done? Any home remedies...Taking any suggestions. She's tried the seasick band. Can't keep any type of pill down.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advanced!

da1queen_z responded:
My dr. had mentioned a "patch" once, it goes behind the ear. I never got it because my insurance didn't pay for it. But she might ask her OB about that.

Just an fyi ... I have a co-worker who from beginning to end of preganancy went every weekend for iv fluids... just as a routine, because she was soooo sick... it stinks, but not any different than like routine allergy shots...

Jennax907 responded:
Wow, sounds like she needs to talk to her doctor. I took zofran and it worked wonders for me. However, ginger tea is supposed to help soothe nause. I hope your friend starts feeling better!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie; I'm 33 and am currently a SAHM. My boys are 5 and 3 1/2 years old, and we are expecting our 3rd boy around July 22, 2010!

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful