Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Level 2 u/s?
KLN777 posted:
I have to go on Wed morning for a level 2 u/s b/c they found an anomaly on the 20 wk anatomy scan. Does that mean it will be a 3D u/s or something else? Just one that's higher tech and shows things more clearly? I wasn't thinking so much about this as I was about what could be wrong when my dr told us we'd have to go for one, but now I'm wondering what to expect. I'm a little nervous that my appt is at 9am and they told me to plan on being there until possibly noon. Yikes.

Bandia1206 responded:
Hey there. I want to say good luck at your level 2. No a level 2 isn't in 3d, it's pretty much 2d lol. It's just a higher tech u/s than a level 1 is. It shows much more, and is just really detailed. You can see organs in detail.

If you google level 2 ultrasound, you can find some neat info on it :) HTH and GL

LauraS1229 responded:
Good luck tomorrow! I had a Level 2 u/s 4 weeks ago and they're pretty amazing. The techology is imore high tech than a regular doctor office's u/s machine. They measured a lot more in the level 2 u/s than they did with our DD previously. They looked at the brain, the spine, the heart, the stomach, placenta, umbilical cord, they measured bones, looked at the baby's sex, etc.... it took us about 1 1/2 hours. So it takes a little longer too. It's all in 2D (they did switch to 3D for a few minutes just for fun to look at her face), but it's a great opportunity to just lay there and see/look at your LO... Hope all goes well and you get good news! Please let us know!

RoxyRaven responded:
I had my Level 2 at 20 wks and they told me it was b/c they found an abnormal amount of fluid on the back of my baby's neck at my 12 week ultrasound. They spent almost an hour measuring bones, organs, and the heartbeat plus we got about 12 more pictures out of it. On top of that we got to find out the sex right away. I went back a couple weeks ago for a follow up on the heart since it was much smaller the first time around and they said everything looks great and he's measuring just right. Don't worry about it, I was at first just b/c no one would give me any real information about what was going to happen and why I was going to be there so long; Like pp said its another chance to see ur LO =)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Never would I have thought that I would be a " Mommy "! I always dreamed of having kids, but I just figured when the time is right I will s...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.