Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Need help: 2Tri period?
MommaBeNew posted:
I just started my 2nd Tri and suddenly I'm having a period? It's gone on 3 days and I'm worried I need to see a doctor about it, but I can't afford a visit right now (it's a last resort).Day 1: Heaving bleeding in the morning when I woke up and had been walking around for an hour. (Thought I pee'd, then saw I was leeking large amounts of blood) stopped bleeding after about 3 hours. Later in day, had sex- bled slightly.Day 2: Bled during the afternoon for about 1.5 hours like day 1. No bleeding during sex that night. Day 3: No day bleeding, sex cause medium amounts of bleeding. Help?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Bandia1206 responded:
Ok, you can't have an actual period while pregnant, and any bleeding while pregnant is a reason to seek a doctor. Considering you are having heavy bleeding you REALLY need to call a doctor or go to the ER. Honestly, you should have the first day of bleeding.

There is definately a reason for concern, especially if you are having any cramping along with it. But seriously, I know you said you can't afford a visit, but you need to be seen!! Good luck to you hun!

risdiane responded:
I would see a doctor. I know sex can cause spotting, but bleeding seems its worth the trip.

MommaBeNew responded:
Plus I have had a cold for about a week and a half now, think that could be doing anything?

Bandia1206 replied to MommaBeNew's response:
No, a cold shouldn't cause any bleeding hun.

An_216911 responded:
Personally after the first day of bleeding I would not have recommended sex...but especially after 3 days, if it is a significant amount of blood you need to be seen asap!

PGinSJ replied to An_216911's response:
Agreed you need to go to the ER or be seen on an outpatient basis asap and a cold would not having anything to do with this. And for goodness sake stop having sex for a couple weeks until the bleeding is resolved or as advised by your doc.

SunConure responded:
I agree you need to be seen ASAP, bleeding during the 2nd tri is not ok!! I had some slight bleeding at 8 weeks and my doc said no sex until the 2nd tri, so I wouldn't do it again until you see a doc!!!

KLS0228 responded:
I agree with ALL THE prior posts. YOu cannot have a period while pregnant and You need to SEE A DOCTOR ASAP!!! Go to the ER if you can't get in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bleeding is NEVER good during pregnancy!!!

DaleCDean29 responded:
Seriously? your posting this on here, um hello common sense says any bleeding is BAD when your pregnant. If you have not already seen a doctor or been to the er you really should get going. And for goodness sake and the health of your baby stop having SEX

tdub089 responded:
Um..wow...no comment

JessWilcox responded:
I agree with all the ladies on here, you need to go to the doc asap, like 3 days ago asap! I saw a bit of blood at 14 weeks and was seen at my doc the same day because I was terrified!! I cried when I saw it! And it was a tinge!! Why in the world would even second guess this? I pray you've already went to the doc.

Me(24), DH(28), DS(4), DS(2), EDD 6-19-10 ~TEAM PINK~

Bandia1206 replied to JessWilcox's response:
Mommabenew: I hope that you finally took advice hun.. please give us an update on how things are going.

MommaBeNew replied to Bandia1206's response:
Went to the ER on 04/09/10. Had my second miscarriage. Thank you Bandia1206 for your caring. Turns out the baby wasn't growing and now I'm waiting to be seen by a doctor for the second time since then. Thanks everyone else who was kind about this. I wish you all luck with your pregnancies and for the already Mommas, thank God for your beautiful little ones because you're very lucky.

casperkawa replied to MommaBeNew's response:
I am so sorry for your loss.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm 27 yrs old and have been married to my DH going on 6 years. I had a m/c my first pregnancy. We have 2 DD, a 4 yr old and a ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.