Hair Growth ??
risdiane posted:
In the begining of this pregnancy the hair on my legs, bikini line and arm pits was growing like crazy and now its really slowed down. Any one else experience this? I guess its hormones?

casperkawa responded:
Yea I read that your hair does not actually grow faster but it grows thicker, kind of weird becasue i always thought it grew faster. I have noticed my hair has been growing like a weed and it is thicker than ever, but not noticed a slow down.

mkdawn06 responded:
Ur lucky it slowed down. lol. My hair is growing so dang fast i need another hair cut and i just cut it like a lil over a month ago. I think the thing that bothers me the worse is my stomach is full of hair! It looks awful. I tried shaving and i swear it just comes back, darker and thicker. I stoped shaving now. Its still nasty to me anyways. And i swear i have to shave my legs twice a day. I hope mine slows down like urs.

mommy_a replied to mkdawn06's response:
hahaha, omg I completely understand!

Err.. hair is growing in embarrasing places that it never grew before.. tweezing and waxing seems like a hopeless venture now

Just like you said - darker and thicker

Am just hoping it will stop after a few weeks or after the delivery

The things we have to go through lol!

- Annie, 16 weeks, first LO

KLN777 replied to mkdawn06's response:
I have that gross stomach hair, too. I feel like a man. I went out and bought a home waxing kit to take care of it. I'm going to try it tonight before I take a shower. I hope it works. I just can't take it anymore.

Oddly enough, the hair on my legs is growing slower and finer than ever. Last night was the first time I'd shaved them in a week and really, you had to look really really closely to be able to tell. And it's all been really light in color, like a bleach blond. Crazy. But at least one thing it getting better.

EMB2006 responded:
My leg hair growth has slowed down since the beginning of the 2nd trimester. I guess just the surge of hormones in the 1st trimester makes it do that. I'm glad it's slowed down because shaving is becoming a hassle these days lol!!

risdiane replied to EMB2006's response:
Glad someone else's has slowed EMB. I am so paranoid. I burped is something wrong?

I have of course researched this thoroughly and the crazy hair showing up should go away after the baby is born.

For the belly hair, I have that as well. I am fair and blonde so its not too bad. I say avoid shaving at all costs it seems like it will just come back worse - maybe thats an old wives tale though?

I hate that we dont have signatures! I wonder if different expereiences are related to whether you are having a boy or a girl. I am 16 weeks and having a boy.

mkdawn06 replied to risdiane's response:
I really dont think gender of lo has much to do with hair growth. Everytime ive been prego my hair grows fast. Ive had 3 girls and this is my first boy. My first 2 girls i really did not have much hair on my tummy. But the last girl and this boy i have gobs of hair on my tummy. Actually with this boy its darker than it was with my last girl. Idk.

hawaiianmommy responded:
I think the hair on my body is growing faster bc i need to shave 2 or 3 times a week compair to once a week before I got prego but the hair on my head keep falling out like crazy.

I remeber the hair lost with ds but not the body hair growth idk. it could be just me i gave up waxing for now if i was to wax as much as i needed i would be in the salon one a week or more. I think i'll just shave for now the go back to waxing latter.

KLN777 replied to hawaiianmommy's response:
I posted earlier that I was trying out a home waxing kit tonight for the icky belly hair. I just wanted to post an update on that: I got Sally Hansen Naturally Bare honey wax for body. It was really great! Easy to use, no heating necessary and it wasn't too sticky going on. It took the hair off first time and it really didn't hurt much at all. I'm a little red, but that can't be avoided. My belly now looks like it belongs on a woman (albeit a pregnant woman) instead of a fat, hairy man. It's supposed to last 8 wks, so we'll see if that's true. If it is, I should only have to use it one or two more times. But even if it only lasts for a few weeks, I'll be happy to even have it on for a while. Based on the immediate results, I would highly recommend this.