Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
school?
Tiphawee posted:
sorry so many post this week, things just keep coming up.. this is more of a personal question. i just want to see what you would do..

so today, after i had a accident.. cause my LO kicked my bladder. lol. i was talking to my mom and about how ive changed sense i went back to school. as in, i walk up and down stairs (only at school) about 6 times in 8 hours, not including walking around the school, none of my classes are close.. and i have to walk up and down stairs at home seeing how i live upstairs and this completely wares me out.. i come home i get out abt 230 get home mostly around 3 and lay down and cant help but fall asleep, even if im not planning to. and i cant wake up cause im completely tired. i also get pains and cause my LO is pretty active i get sore a lot. and school is taking a lot out of me lately.. my mom said i should go back next year. that im getting so tired because hes my first and im not used to alll the weight and extra work my body is doing, and school running around it like i have to is just making things worse.
what would you guys do?
im 22 weeks and 2 days.
would you just come back after the baby is born seeing how i only have maybe 2 months left of school. or am i being a big baby and toughin up lol
FirstPrevious12NextLast

An_216914 responded:
You most definitely need to finish high school! You can't get a job anywhere with out a high school diploma! Not to mention that you just need to continue your education period...I don't want this to sound mean-but strictly to prove my point your posts not only have a lot of spelling errors but grammatical errors as well...

Every pregnant woman is tired...tired from working all day, or taking care of kids & a house, then taking care of a husband/boyfriend/fiance at night, having to cook, clean, pay bills etc. Personally I think you have the easy end of the stick from where I am sitting! You still live at home, you have your mom's support not only emotionally but physically and financially I think the least you could do is finish high school...JMO

An_216915 replied to An_216914's response:
I agree with the previous poster. No woman has the luxury of sitting on her butt and being pampered all day. Most women keep their jobs, raise kids, and carry on with their lives all while being pregnant. You really cannot get any worthwhile job without a highschool degree and the sooner you finish school the better. You cannot be living with your mom forever. I have 2 kids and another one on the way and I am full time in college right now. Life happens, you gotta suck it up and realize, you chose the path you're on, deal with the consequences. Sorry if this sounds harsh but as a child, you made an adult decision and got pregnant, so put on your big girl panties and deal with it like the adult you are now going to have to be for your child.

Bandia1206 replied to An_216915's response:
I agree with the PP's.. yea the anonymous ones :P lol.

Look, there is no way for me to say this without being harsh.. and I don't mean anything bad by it. I'm only being honest, because I care. :)

You have put yourself in this situation, and it is your responsibility to do whatever it takes to prepare for this child. That includes continuing your education so that you may support him/her in the future. It is soooo important to have a High School diploma, or a GED. And it's better to just stay in school and get your HS diploma. Pregnant teenagers do this everyday, so you can too! Life is hard, you just have to stay tough and keep on moving.

Most schools have programs for pregnant teenagers where you can study at home closer to the end of the pregnancy, and after the baby comes. Most allow you to do this until you are ready to come back to school. It's like a temporary homeschool program for moms. You might want to check into this.

Regardless, it is super important to get your education!! You cannot get a supporting job without a HS diploma/GED, and you certainly can't get a great job without a college degree. If you drop out, you will regret it later on down the road when you realize you need to go back to school.. and it's harder.

DaleCDean29 responded:
Well honestly there are lost of women out there that are pregnant for the first time and have jobs that require them to be on their feet 8 or more hours a day. You have a luxury of not having to clean the house and cook dinner as soon as you get home. you can relax, take a nap and do your homework. Honestly I say finish the school. It will be over about the time the baby comes then you can worry about being tired

orin34 replied to DaleCDean29's response:
Finish school.... PLEASE!!!!
When I was in college for the "teaching credential program" (It is a graduate program to certify you for a preliminary teaching credential in grades K-8) there was a classmate of mine who was preggo at the time and she made it through all the classes and student teaching during her pregnancy (you student teach from 7AM-3PM then you have class from 4PM-10PM)....she did it and so can you.
I am unemployed and looking for another teaching job, but I am STILL exhausted and working/on my feet all day because I have to clean the house, do laundry, make dinner, make DH's lunch, get LO's room together, take the dog out, ect..... even unemployed I am on my feet all day and tired.
And take it from me, when you stop going to school it is VERY hard to get back into it again. . . My SIL dropped out and did a "home study" program (and it took her LONGER to get through high school than actually going to class).... she is now 19 years old and has been screwing around and mooching off her parents because she thinks college would be "too hard" and she doesn't know what she wants to do yet (Everyone has tried to tell her you need general ed before you get to the "what do you want to do" part...... but she isn't listening). . . . anyways, finish school... it will be much easier for you in the long run.... once the baby is born you could possibly consider a home study program, but if that is an option you need to buckle down and do the work...
*Also, it isn't like 'the old days' when people could go into a trade without graduating (my dad never graduated and owns his own business). . . these days I see people working at the movie theater and mcDonalds that have COLLEGE degrees. . . You need that Diploma :)

tdub089 responded:
I understand your situation but I think you should just toughen up sweetie...I know how hard it can be on your body..I found out i was pregnant when I was in my 1st month of college..and keeping myself awake was pure hell..but I didnt give up and neither cdan you..especially since you only have two months left of school...and I agree with the ANOn2286..about the spelling and grammatical errors...so please stay in school it will pay off in the end! There's nothing like receiving that diploma and walking across that stage on graduation day!

Tiffany(20) Pink team EDD june 7,2010!

Tiphawee replied to tdub089's response:
Okay, i understand where all of you were coming from but just ot make it clear i wasnt talking about dropping out, just taking the 2 months off till next year after i have the baby.

BabyDems replied to Tiphawee's response:
I think since you only have two months left, just get it over. I know that it is really the last thing you want to do right now, but you will be so happy when it is over and it will be a weight lifted off your shoulders....If you do take it off, you will be dreading for how many months, going back to finish. Just get it done, you'll be happy you did!

ReneeErin replied to BabyDems's response:
I'm a high school teacher and see students in your situation every day! If you are unable to handle the physical demands of the school day, please check with your counselor about a home-bound program. They do a great job of getting you your education while you are at home and several of my students have taken this option. Don't give up! You can do it!! I understand how tired you get because I walk up and down and all around the school everyday (it's over a quarter of a mile long) too with 2300 students. Then I come home, walk the dogs, make dinner, clean the house, do my homework and do it all again! It DOES get really tiring, but you can do it! Don't give up! =)

dwaw02 responded:
I know it seems difficult now, but really you are having the baby at the perfect time to finish this year out. I would maybe talk to your guidance counselor about the difficulties you are having with the stairs and see if they can change your schedule @ a bit so you stay on one floor more often. Or, don't they have an elevator? I would think they would have to for kids who are handicapped. Maybe you could use it? I know before I was put on bedrest I was using the elevator everyday at work.

Personally, I think it would be easier to finish out the year before you have a baby to worry about too.

Angela, DS (5), EDD 7/25/10 Pink Team

mommyof3kiddos replied to Tiphawee's response:
I know you have no intention of dropping out but I think if you stop to "take a break" now you will never return. Once the baby is here you will be a lot more tired than you are now. Are you a senior? Would you rather repeat your entire Senior year than push yourself and just finish up in two months? I know we are sounding harsh but sweetie seriously you need to just finish out the next two months! Make sure your eating well during your lunch period to help give you more energy. Come home and lay down but set your alarm to get up around 4p. If you need more nap than that then maybe you aren't sleeping enough at night.

orin34 replied to mommyof3kiddos's response:
Sorry Tiph.... I was the one who mentioned 'dropping out' like my sil.... but she didn't really drop out completely... she "took a break" and it was really hard for her to go back and ended up NOT going back (to regular school) and doing a continuation school instead thinking it would 'be easier', but it wasn't....
I agree with Mommyof3kiddoes though, people that usually do the break thing don't end up going back and if they do... they have a REALLY hard time.
Hang in there :)

JColburn09 responded:
Girl, I definitely agree with everyone. You need to finish these last two months(8 weeks) of school. You are only a week ahead of me in our pregnancies. I work 8 hours a day, clean the house, bring my oldest to and from school all while pregnant. You can do it. If you wait till after the baby is born you are going to be even more tired cause you will be up with that LO all hours of the night and you won't want to get up in the morning to go to school so you should just do it now so that it is done and over with while you don't have the extra responsibility.

Think about it, Finish school now and be able to nap when you get home or take a break from school till after the baby is born and when you go back you are even more tired in school and out of school which also means you won't have complete focus on school or the baby. Just finish school now so then you can have full focus on that precious little one that is growing inside of you when he or she is born.

Plus I would think you would be under ALOT more stress if you try to finish school after the baby is born. And nobody's body needs that.

Bandia1206 replied to Tiphawee's response:
I say go ahead and stick out these 2 months hun. It'll be easier to finish them up now, than to try to make them up later. You can definately handle it :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old..I am pregnant with my 1st child, I am due Nov 9, 2011 and I will be having a beautiful baby boy. I have a BA Degree in Business Adm...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful