Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Anyone else have this?
tgmk816 posted:
Or am I just weird? When I was expecting my second DD, I had similar problems from about the 4th month all the way through to delivery. Whenever I stand (even if just for a few seconds), my legs get very heavy-feeling and achy, both sides, mainly from my hips/groin area to my knees. The longer I stand, the worse it gets. If I walk or sit, I'm fine.

I've been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible, but it's tough with two kids and work. I realize there's probably not much else to do (except maybe support hose, which will only cut my belly in half! ), but I just wondered if it's just me...

hawaiianmommy responded:
I get some thing like it but mine is my thigh area and it gets like a numb feeling. and if i sit or walk it goes away in a few seconds.

vanessa730 responded:
I have the same type of problem. from my hips to knees go numb/feel like then need a massage when i sit for too long....walking has seemed to help a little.

DaniAdine responded:
Are they your ligaments pulling and stretching?  My sister calls them the monkeys... because they feel like monkeys pulling and swinging on vines inside your legs.  
I get really bad leg cramps and have found 2 things that work... 1) drink pickle juice.  about 1/4 cup.
2) Caster Oil.  (not the kind you drink, although that may come in handy if you go past your due date) Rub it on the aches and it seems to work :)
Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. My husband and I have been married since 2007. Jarrod is 28, I am 24. After 1 1/2 years trying, we fina...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.