Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Any body else....
mtlmayhem posted:
Have to wait until NEXT MONTH for their big U/S??

All this guessing is getting me so anxious!! I go back and forth believing (or should I say, trying to convince myself) its a boy/girl...lol I have strong arguments for both...

I really just want to know if I need to dig out the containers of DS's clothes, OR if I get to go SHOPPING for my girl!!!

Shauntrell responded:
Yes but it's at the begining of the month. May 3rd for me and I can't wait. Three weeks

megcc responded:
Yep! 5/6 is when mine is scheduled. Plus, we won't actually find out until Mother's Day, 5/9, because we're finding out together with our families (doing a gender cake).

-Meghan(30), DH(38), EDD 9/23/10 (our first!)

KJhappymom responded:
I have to wait a while as well. We will find out on 5/20 - We'll be 21 weeks. I'm not sure why they scheduled us so late, but I was kind of bummed. I really want to know what were having so I can buy stuff I want before my MIL gets to carried away - she thinks she's gonna be doing all the decorating I think. I also want to know if I will be doing girl shopping instead of preparing all of the boy clothes I already have from DS. Hoping for a boy! DS needs someone (not me) to roughhouse with when the LO is bigger. Waiting is so not fun!

Jennax907 responded:
Yes, my big day is May 4th! I just wished the sonographer didn't try to guess and say that he thinks it's a girl. I think it's worse kind of knowing than not knowing at all. I still can't shop or do my registry!!!

terricody responded:
mine will be at the end of the monthbut definately by the 1st week of May waiting for dr to set it up

can't wait the suspense is killing me and we have a girls name chosen

emyjo83 responded:
Yes, I hate waiting. I am 16 weeks today and I have to wait until May 14. I am so excited to find out. My DH wants a boy and I say I don't care, but deep down, I wouldn't mind a girl again. They are sooooo much fun. Right now we have one of both and the girl is way more high maintenance but so much fun.

We are having the tech write it on paper and put it in an envelope with the pictures and seal it. We don't want them to tell us in the office because it's so impersonal. They tell you and then you lay there while they keep looking and it's awkward so, anywho, we will have them put it in the envelope, seal it and then we are going on a special date that night where we will open it together.

Also, we are not telling anyone this time. I have to know because I have to start preparing and may have to switch bedrooms around in our house, however, family and friends all have to wait until the big day. We also aren't telling any names we have picked out but of course I will share all of that you ladies!

mommy_a replied to emyjo83's response:
Yes, mine's on April 30th - I'll be 20 week .. golly it's such a long time to wait, I know.

jenny8709 replied to mommy_a's response:
April 29th for me, also 20weeks. It is getting alittle closer, at least!

Sab217 replied to jenny8709's response:
With our insurance (military... so it's Tricare), I found out we don't even get a 'big ultrasound'!! I was so devastated. :(

We weren't planning to found out the sex anyways; but it's such a fun time to see your little one. I get kinda emotional when I think about it. hah!

KLN777 replied to Sab217's response:
I have Tricare, too Are you standard or prime? With prime you're sort of at the mercy of the military hospital you have to use. I have standard (I switched so I wouldn't have to do the military hospital bit- Portsmouth Naval sucks), so I chose a civilian doctor that I heard good things about. Tricare only pays for u/s if it's "for a medical purpose." My office justifies the 20 wk u/s to Tricare b/c they measure for possible problems or birth defects and check the organs. So if you go to a civilian dr, see if they can spin it that way. I ended up having to have a level 2 u/s as a result of my 20 wk u/s that my dr did and I have to have another follow up next week. I called Tricare to make sure they were going to pay for it all and they are. So if you have standard, talk to your dr about it and see if there is any way they have to justify it as being "for medical purposes" and if they do, it will be covered. Good luck! I hope you can have one just for the fun of it!

Angela_W replied to KLN777's response:
I have Tricare too and they will pay for an ultrasound. I know the Tricare books say that it must be for a medical purpose, but the 20 week one is, according to most docs in the world. I've have three so far and I'm only 16 weeks. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My boyfriend and I have been together for awhile now and it just so happened that about 6 months ago, we got pregnant. We're both very excited! It...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.