Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Friday Five
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
1. Number of jobs you've held.

2. Your biggest raise, by percent.

3. Have you ever quit?

4. Have you ever been fired?

5. Your worst mistake on the job.

mkdawn06 responded:
Number of jobs you've held. 6 or 7 jobs since i started working back when i was 17.

Your biggest raise, by percent. Probably 10% when i worked at the hospital

Have you ever quit? Everyone of my jobs i have quit on my own free will

Have you ever been fired? I am glad to say i have not.

Your worst mistake on the job. My first job was working at an arby's I was a preper and sliced tomatoes and meat etc. Anyways one day i was fooling around not paying attention and sliced my thumb on the slicer. It was a pretty good chunk of my thumb that was sliced. I ended up getting really dizzy and even threw up on the way to hospital. Still have that scar.

Isylya responded:
1. Number of jobs you've held. Oh dear....I can't think...maybe 7 or 8 since I was 15.

2. Your biggest raise, by percent. 40%

3. Have you ever quit? Yes...all of them except one.

4. Have you ever been fired? Yes..heheh, that's how me and Hubby met, he was my boss. Even though the employee handbook didn't directly say we couldn't date, they didn't like it. *blush* But hey, when it's right, it's right! We were both single and just really liked each other!

5. Your worst mistake on the job. Letting a co-worker see me and my Hubby kiss (was boss back then) LOL!

-Isy

RoxyRaven responded:
1. Number of jobs you've held. 5

2. Your biggest raise, by percent. 10%

3. Have you ever quit? Yep, all my previous ones and probably will do the same at this one eventually lol (but i give 2 wks notices)

4. Have you ever been fired? Nope

5. Your worst mistake on the job. Worked at a place for a year as a secretary for a manager that wanted nothing more than for me to break up with my (now husband) and sleep with him. Ewww...chills just thinking about it....

megcc responded:
1. 9 jobs since I started working at 16 yrs old.

2. About 37%.

3. Yes, 8 times. :)

4. Nope.

5. Crying one time at my current job about four years ago. It didn't have anything to do with the job. There was just a lot going on in my personal life.

-Meghan(30), DH(38), EDD 9/23/10 (our first!)

KLS0228 responded:
1. Number of jobs you've held. 6 My first job at 14 teaching Baton twirling lessons.

2. Your biggest raise, by percent. Not sure. Each new job I had I started at a better pay rate. Probably 1% or 1.5% something in there.

3. Have you ever quit? Yes after I had Breckyn to be a stay at home Mom, and when we moved from Ks to Dallas.

4. Have you ever been fired? Nope!

5. Your worst mistake on the job. Staying at one employeer's business for three years! LOL!! :) he was a JERK!!! CAPITAL J-E-R-K!!!!!

Jennax907 responded:
1. 10 jobs-I've always coached at different gymnastics facilities along with my regular job.

2. 12%-it was a booming oil year

3. Yep-All of them, and will quit this job too. It is soooo boring!! My job reminds me of that movie Office Space.

4. Never

5. Probably being way too nice-I get taken advantage of.

jessica5289 responded:
1) 4

2) $1

3) yes

4) no

5) I took a check from a church and didn't look at the amount they wrote in and it was for a lot less then what the total was. The church was contacted and wouldn't come back and pay the difference. They wrote me up big time for that.

KBratt responded:
1.) 5 part time in high school & 2 full time since graduating...

2.) 5.42%

3.)Yes.

4.) Yes-in high school my boyfriend (now DH) was dropping me off & I decided to call in sick from the parking lot, well the manager was out picking up baskets & saw me in the car! :/

5.) My most recent job I kept something a secret, trying to keep my job...turns out if I had said something it wasn't that big a deal so when they fund out on their own they asked me to quit. :( & 10 months later still unemployed because of it.

22; DH 21; EDD#1 8/24 Kelsey Paige

Spotlight: Member Stories

me...i'm 45 and this is my 3rd, son is 20 daughter 11 and due 2/2/12

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.