Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Is it possible???
Pamela11703 posted:
I know I already posted about this last week but...

Is it possible that the technician at my 14 week ultrasound was inaccurate? She said she "thinks its a boy", DH is super excited for another boy, I would be happy too BUT I was kinda hoping for a girl... Since I know this will probably be our last time having a baby...

Do you think maybe she could have guessed wrong? Anyone have any stories that will give me some hope lol

Pam (28), DH (31), Patrick (3), Ryan (2), Edd 10/15!

Taylove11 responded:
It is very possible that she was wrong. There was a gal on here, (I think she is on the 3rd Tri board now) that was told that she was having a boy and the next time she went in, the LO was a girl. I think it was at 16w she was told it was a boy and 20w they found out that she was having a girl! (I may be off on the dates though).

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though. If they had a clear view, there's a good chance that the tech saw a penis. I hope that everything turns goes okay for you and that you have a healthy baby!

UGAmomof2 responded:
Hey Pam,

I agree w/PP that their is always a chance they guessed wrong, HOWEVER, it doesn't happen that often at it used to. I would wait for your next u/s before buying anything. HTH!!!!

tasha_016 responded:
I was 11 weeks when the Tech said that she thought it "might" be a boy, turns out last Friday that we ARE having a boy. But you have to remember they all look like boys early on :) HTH

Pamela11703 responded:
thanks ladies, Im all about the healthy baby sooo even if its a boy I will be ecstatic especially since I had a m/c in January and I didn't expect to get pregnant again so quickly so I feel truly blessed already... but it would be nice to have a girl... although dh is right a boy would be much easier...

Ill find out for sure in 2 weeks!

Jennax907 responded:
I think more than likely she's right. I was 11 weeks 3 days when the tech told us we were having a boy. Sure enough it was confirmed at the 20 week ultrasound. My sonographer told me that it was a lot easier to identify a boy early on. How exciting! You have my ideal family of 3 boys!!!!

Pamela11703 replied to Jennax907's response:
Damn you Jennax, I just got done telling you that you were my motivator in the other post (re: gym) lol and now this!

Just kidding... I know she was prob right... apparently DH and I ONLY make boys!

NatashaT1 replied to Pamela11703's response:
Pamela11703, at least your family name will live on for a loooong time. My DH wants a boy so badly, this is our first. He has a feeling that it's a girl though. I'm happy either way, but a girl is such a nice idea though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had DS1 young, with a high school boyfriend. My hubby and I fought infertility from July 2001 to May 2007. I have Endo and PCOS. I am pregnant now w...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.