Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Great maternity pants
KLN777 posted:
I have had a terrible time buying maternity pants. Small seems to be the smallest size they make (why? when they tell you to buy your prepregnancy size? A lot of people wear extra small clothes!). Everything seems to be HUGE in the butt. I wasn't too worried when I started buying them b/c I figured my butt would inevitably get huge and they would unfortunately fit. Well, at 22.5 weeks, my butt has not grown (yay!), but none of my pants fit. This weekend, I was out of town with only warm weather clothes and it was freezing, so I had to buy pants.

I was in JC Penny and they had a sale: buy 1 item, get a 2nd for 88 cents. I tried on their jeans and the small fit perfectly! No sagging butt and they are incredibly comfortable! Not to mention, they make my legs look AWESOME!

I wanted to share this info with everyone else who may have had the same problem. B/c a great pair of jeans can make you feel fantastic! Well... at least they do for me.

Isylya responded:
I went to destination maternity in the mall. They're a little pricey but the clothes fit great for us smaller framed women.
I normally wear a size 5, so I had to buy size 2 at target for maternity clothing, they're still big tho.
But at Destination Maternity, their small is actually SMALL, so it was great when I tried on their pants and they FIT! Although they cost around $90.00 per pair (ouch!) but they give you tons of coupons in your e-mail for more clothes plus a 'gift bag' full of coupons for first time visitors to their store.
It's always exciting for me to find anything that fits because I have a rather long torso as well...so finding clothes NORMALLY is a pain! I have to wear junior's and let me tell you, finding a pair of pants without sequins or butterflies on them is dang near impossible! LOL! I hate being 30 and dressing like a teen! sheesh!!

HTH!

-Isy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Terri and DH(Rob) we've been married since august 4th 2001 we had 3 m/c's with 5 angels in heaven my last mc was in november 09 with triplets ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.