Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Tons of movement
lisax4156 posted:
Hey all..

So I am 24w now and for the past couple weeks have had almost endless movement from the baby. Now I'm not complaining... but just wonderin if he ever sleeps.. lol .. He's awake about every 2 hours. I would think he has ADHD or insomnia he's up so much. He's extremely active.

Is anyone elses baby this active?

Lisa

ReneeErin responded:
Sounds exciting!! Mine is active quite often too and I'm only 19 weeks and 3 days. Unfortunately he/she was NOT active during the ultrasound! lol =)

KBratt responded:
Yes, I think it is normal! Mine moves alllll the time too!! Before I go to bed I have to kinda shake my belly till she falls asleep so I can have a few mins to fall asleep, but she always wakes me up kicking! :)

I can only imagine what is coming as she gets bigger!

22; DH 21; EDD#1 8/24 Kelsey Paige

yvetteb81 responded:
Mine is when i stop working, as i am on my feet most of teh day, and have something to eat and drink it doesnt stop...usually doesnt stop till i go to bed so its an afternoon kicking baby...
Can anyones DH feel the LO kick yet???

KBratt replied to yvetteb81's response:
MINE HAS! :) Just the other night (I think Friday?) I could see it while I was in the recliner so I was like "hurry come here" & he put his hand there & was excited & freaked out at the same time! This is our first!

22; DH 21; EDD#1 8/24 Kelsey Paige

ReneeErin replied to KBratt's response:
My husband isn't patient enough!! He could feel it if he kept his hand on my tummy just a few moments longer =)

You know, I don't notice much movement during work either- but I am also on my feet all day and have many students to deal with at once, so I'm probably distracted.

Eating or drinking also seems to get baby moving a lot!!

DaleCDean29 responded:
Yes my little girl is active unless I am walking or standing as soon as I sit or lie down she goes nuts. Fun thing though is if you really want to get your LO going drink a big glass of OJ and its like baby crack they go nuts. Or at least my little girl does.

lisax4156 responded:
I notice probably 90% of the time only cuz I am sitting for 8 hrs all day, so I feel just about every time he's active. Then, his kicks are getting stronger.. so that's probably another reason why I'm noticing them more.

On my million trips to the bathroom at night, I haven't noticed him moving... Maybe he sleeps through the night? lol ..

Anyone else?

Lisa

Shauntrell responded:
I'm 18wk 3days and everytime I move, my baby moves. I guess he/she is like if you are leaving then I am too. LMAO! Which right now LO goes where ever I go but I don't think he/she quite understands that yet. LOL. He/she is practicing for the future i guess. But I do also feel her when I am sitting down. It comes out of the blue a little thump here and a roll there.

lilclone2b responded:
I am 18w2d and just started feeling LO 3 days ago - I feel LO most when I am sitting still mid-morning and mid-evening! Can't wait to feel more!!

eholdstein responded:
I'm 18weeks today, and have felt flutters for a few weeks now. They've become more frequent but its so light that if i'm not really paying attention I don't notice them. On sunday I was with my mom and I thought I felt a kick from the outside but it was the only one and gone before I could get my mom to feel too. I can't wait to feel full on kicks, SEE them, and have them be strong enough for DH to feel too.

terricody responded:
my baby is just starting to get active but at 17weeks dh can't feel them just yet...it is a wonderful feeling

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 21.. my Fiancee is 22. We're expecting our first child on November 18th. We were very excited to find out it's a boy! Our wedding is g...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.