Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
is it normal to feel sick still
xosweetkisses posted:
I am in my second trimester and everyone keeps telling me my nausea and vomiting should subside however i am still very sick somedays worse than i ever was before. Is this normal?

SunConure responded:
Yes it's normal, everyone's pregnancy is different. My cousin was sick from day one until she delivered her son and with her daughter she wasn't sick one time. I would still mentioned it to your doctor at your next appt, but yes I have heard some women being sick through there whole pregnancy. How many weeks are you? I had a hard time eating anything in the 1st tri and everyone told me I would get my appetite back in the 2nd, but 13 weeks rolled around and I still never felt like eating. I finally at 16 weeks started to feel normal again and now at 20 weeks I have never felt better and eat probably way more then I should. So if your still early in the 2nd tri that could by why to and maybe give it a couple more weeks and you might start to feel better.

bitesizehoney responded:
Yes, it's very normal. Some women have nausea/vomiting all throughout pregnancy. Try keeping a pack of crackers and a bottle of water with you. Staying hydrated and keeping something in your stomach can help. I hope it gets better for you.

expectingsept2010 responded:
This is the first time I have ever posted on here, so hopefully this works......Apparently it is normal to still be sick in the second tri. I will be 20 weeks on Thursday (4/29) and I am just starting to feel normal, although I still have nausea every evening and couldn't keep my breakfast down yesterday. From Feb. 1 to March 4, I lost 7 lbs and then I lost another 4.5 lbs by April 1. I blew blood vessels out in my eyes from throwing up so hard (TMI). I have been prescribed Ondansetron (Zofran generic) and Nexium because I ended up getting terrible acid reflux on top of it all. Everyone told me it would subside after my first tri, and I was very disheartened when it didn't go away. I really wish you luck! Feeling terrible makes it hard to get excited some days. Hang in there and keep drinking fluids!

xosweetkisses responded:
I am about fifteen weeks. But thank you guys for the information because I was starting to worry that something may be wrong because I am sick basically everyday still.

dwaw02 responded:
I felt sick everyday, and vomited at least 1-2x a week until the day I was put on bedrest at 22w3d.

Now I feel much better, although I'm still very rarely hungry. But I've only felt nauseous a couple of times since bedrest and I'm now 27w1d.

So I guess my advice is to slow down if you can. Rest more, and do less chores. Drink more water. It may not make any difference, but it might help!

Angela, DS (5), EDD 7/25/10 Pink Team

Sab217 replied to dwaw02's response:
I usually don't get any REAL morning sickness. Just slight nausea for a few weeks in the first trimester. It all passed and was good and gone, and all of a sudden, a few weeks back, this new swing of sickness hits me!

It's not the typical morning sickness. But everytime I eat, about 30 minutes later, I'm woozy for a good hour. I thought it was a stomach bug; but three 1/2 weeks later I'm thinking it's just pregnancy. Never had this with DD. :/

Good luck!

byoung1979 responded:
People say it SHOULD be gone after 12 weeks... that doesn't mean it will for everyone. Everyone is different, heck I am 26 weeks along and have just about thrown up every day this week!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been with my husband for 10 years, married for 2, and now expecting our first child. We couldn't be any happier. This child will be welco...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.