Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
The things people say...
azeliag posted:
A female co-worker passed me in the hall and with a very concerned look on her face asked if I was OK because I look "so miserable" (I felt great at the time). This is the same co-worker that keeps insisting that I must be having twins despite the three ultrasounds that I've had that only show one because I am "getting so big so fast".

tamliz08 responded:
Oh boy.

DH's aunt walked up the other day, told me I looked fat and just walked away.

People are awesome.

williamswifey replied to tamliz08's response:
Oh wow!

Someone asked me when I was due and when I said September, they looked at me like I was crazy and said, "You look like you're about to drop that baby any minute. You've gotten HUGE!!"

People rock!

ReneeErin replied to williamswifey's response:
Yeah, well my coworkers claim I'm waddling already! =P I'm only 21 1/2 weeks!!! I know I walk funny sometimes because of swollen legs, pain, and the need to pee, but seriously, waddling already!?? I doubt it...

Oh well, I'm just happy to be pregnant, no matter what people say

ttrishh replied to ReneeErin's response:
I had a co-worker (and one that I really like) say to me today.. wow you are really starting to retain water and swell, I can really see it in your arms, they use to be so tiny.... gee thanks!

lizhf2003 replied to ttrishh's response:
One of my moms friends saw me in church on Sunday and then told my mom on Monday that she saw me and the size of my belly and there is NO way I'm making it till the end of August. Oh really? Are you a OBGYN or midwife? And since when did belly size indicate delivery date? Thanks for gossiping to my mom about how huge I looked.

True_Texan responded:
I had a coworker comment to day on how pregnant I look. I had just walked in the door and she said "There's Sarah, looking pregnanter, and pregnanter every day!" She's been really nice and understanding to me regarding my pregnancy so I took it as it was meant, just a funny little compliment. But if it had been a total stranger or someone who gets on my nerves a lot I probably would've wanted to clock them.

I have to admit though. There are times I almost wish someone would say something stupid like that to me and give me an excuse to unleash my hormones on them. Does that make me a bad person?

orin34 responded:
:Lurking from 3rd tri:
lol......... is pregnanter even a word?????? Next time she says that you should suggest a good dictionary

I have had the opposite issue....... I actually had a co-worker of my DH's (a real jerk) come up to me and tell me that he KNEW I was lying about being pregnant because I wasn't showing ( this was about a month ago or so.... and I JUST started to show this week at 33 weeks...lol). Anyways, he suggested I was lying about the pregnancy to get gifts from people so we can RETURN the gifts to get money or something crazy like that

cvega1980 responded:
How about the things people do? Last Saturday my DH's friend, also my friend after 8 years, touched my belly. Now, I don't like people touching me, but I tolerate when friends or family do it. So, I let him (did not even give him a look). You know what this ape did? He stucked his finger in my belly button! Yeah, he practically fingered my belly button. Nobody except maybe you girls, could understand how utterly insanely angry I was...I told him "What the f... you doing? His response, "I want to see if it popped out yet." The only reason this guy is alive is because we were at a friend's house. So I just have to be happy with telling him, "Don't do that ever again," very lame, but could not do anything else. To top it all, when I told DH, he laught, thought it was stupid of our friend, but really funny. Guys can be so obtuse!

mrsmiu responded:
<lurking from 3rd tri>

I have had some doozies at work! My boss is 6 weeks ahead of me, so the worst has been when we have been together. When I was around 28 weeks and she was at 34, some idiot looked at us in the hall and said "is this a joke?" and then proceeded to say "and when are you guys due, like tomorrow?" Thanks, a-hole! Then we had another guy say to us in the elevator, "looks like you girls went on a double date." I am convinced people are just complete idiots when it comes to talking to pregnant women, and they think that any discussion around their bodies is fair game!!

michelleloehr replied to mrsmiu's response:
So I work in a small accounting office that has several younger women. By total accident three of us are all pregnant at once (by that I mean we didn't sit down and discuss getting pregnant at the same time each of us were trying it just worked out that way) I'm several months behind the other two. I told the VP of our department about my pregnancy on tuesday. Yesterday he took the department out for a cinco de mayo lunch. first thing he does when he sits down is to look at the fourth (and only one not trying to have a kids) young woman and says "You are forbidden to drink the water in your department" Umm...what a way to tell the rest of the department. Most people were so confused because they didn't get the "joke"

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey ladies!!! im 23 years old bearing my first child...although scared/nervous/ i am also excited/delighted!!! i have been with my BF for 7 1/2 yr...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.