Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Am I too picky?
williamswifey posted:
Is it wrong that I registered at sites but stress to the people that will be attending my shower to purchase gift cards??

I only did it because when I registered for DS #1, I received NOTHING that I actually chose from my registry. I actually had a few people tell me that they didn't like what I picked and got something else instead. WTH??? It's MY baby right??? LOL

I figure that if I ask for gift cards for my registry sites, I can buy exactly what I want and like.

Does this make me too picky???

tamliz08 responded:
Nah... it's your kid! LOL.

The ONLY place near me is Walmart, so I knew every gift that I had was from there. I returned most of what I got, recieved cash, and took all the money and drove to BRU to buy what I wanted :)

roni090909 responded:
I am confused. All your registered for is gift cards? If that's the case I do think its a little rude. We all love gift cards but I think it rude to make it known that that's all you want. Personally I would just make sure I registered at places that take returns. I had to return a ton of stuff after my first baby shower but the people that bought the items never knew I returned them.

williamswifey replied to roni090909's response:
I registered for a lot of stuff but also gift cards...lol

LittleBubbles replied to roni090909's response:
^^^Agreed.

People like to buy baby stuff.
Don't put them in the position where they have to buy a card, but are unable to try to get you something you'd like/use.
You ca always return stuff if you don't like the stuff.

roni090909 replied to williamswifey's response:
I that case I think your are fine. Just make sure its a place that is easy with returns. I know Target is a PITA. What you end up not wanting or getting way too many duplicates you can just return.

scperdomo responded:
Target sucks at taking returns.... when I registered there for my wedding, I got a few duplicates and tried returning stuff (some people gave receipts, most did not) and not only would they not take the stuff that didn't have a receipt (hello, you can see it was on my registry!) but the stuff I could return, they charged me a freaking restocking fee! wth!

I completely agree though, I don't think you are being picky. Its your baby, you should be free to request what you want. Or at the very least, demand people provide gift receipts so that when they do buy you something that you didn't even register for, you can easily return it for something you DID need.

Good luck and congrats on impending motherhood!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the proud mommy of an amazing little girl and currently expecting a little sister for her on October 25! They will be about 20 1/2 months apart, ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.