Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
How far along were you when you *started to show*?
LittleBubbles posted:
How far along were you when you started to show?
Were you underweight, overweight, or normal weight prior to getting pregnant?

I am about 10 lbs overweight. I haven't started to show. I am only 14w3d pregnant. I was just wondering when I should expect to start to show.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mtlmayhem responded:
quick question: Is this your first baby?

At 150lbs, I was just a little overweight for my height (5'6)- still had 20lbs from DS1 though...

I started showing earlier this time around, probably 11-12 weeks....

I was easily 6- 61/2 months before I even had a little pooch with DS1...

LittleBubbles replied to mtlmayhem's response:
Yes, this is my first baby.

roni090909 responded:
2nd Baby

Normal Weight, maybe a little overweight for my height

I am starting to show now. My belly is starting to stick out. I am 14w today.

beccadita80 responded:
I think I am kinda starting to show already. I was about 10 or so lbs overweight before I became pregnant. I was on hormone treatments and they made me gain weight and soooo bloated. Mine has been bloat until about 1 week ago when I stopped taking progesterone. Now I am wearing almost all maternity pants and I have a low pooch. I am 13w2d today.

michelleloehr replied to beccadita80's response:
I'm 14 weeks and I'm starting show a little, mostly it looks like I've just eaten too much and put on a few pounds this is my first and I was a normal weight at the start.

tamliz08 responded:
For me, it was very VERY early. Like by 10 weeks I had a tiny pooch. But this is my second kid, so that's probably why.

Prior to getting pregnant I was a normal weight.

SunConure responded:
1st baby, overweight about 20 pounds, I will be 23 weeks on Monday and I am showing now, but I didn't start until about week 19.

ReneeErin replied to SunConure's response:
This is my first. I am normal weight- 130-135 and 5'5" prepregnancy. My family and a couple co-workers noticed showing around 13-14 weeks. People I barely ever see started commenting around 19 weeks.

I am 22 weeks and 4 days now and feel like I am suddenly showing LESS!! Weird...

jenny8709 responded:
I'm 22wks and I am really starting to show now. At about 19-20 wks DF finally said it looked like I was really pregnant. Even though I could tell a difference by, say, 12wks, my family just started saying I look pregnant these last few weeks.

I was average before I got pregnant, but athletic type body.

Jen

terricody responded:
i'd say around 13-14weeks alittle and definately noticable now at 20weeks

Kay_And responded:
I was overweight. About 150lbs. I started showing around 15 weeks and by week 18 everyone could tell. I am now 20 weeks and my belly is round like a preggo belly finally and stopped looking so fat...and more preggo! :0)

belle9164 responded:
I would say that I was normal weight for my height (5'2) and I think that I am starting to show a tiny bit now, but my family is about 50/50 on it. Some say that I'm getting a pooch but others say that they don't see anything. I am 15 weeks today and this is my first. I have put on about 2 lbs so I'm still in most of my normal clothes but the jeans aren't cutting it. I have to wear my riding jeans all the time now since they are a size bigger. So I think I still have a while to go before I look prego.

aka85 responded:
This is my first and was normal weight pre-pregnancy (athletic).

I'm 16w tomorrow and I am still not showing. My husband said about two nights ago there is a questionable pooch, but my aunt and mom said I'm still not showing when I showed them. lol I'm ready to show, at least a little.

I'm down 3lbs, not sure why, but doc said he thinks I'll be showing by next week. He said my uterus is tilted toward my back so I won't show as much as some women do. Maybe you are tilted too?

schoolforlife responded:
I am built small, 5 ft. 1 in. and around 110 lbs. before getting pregnant. I could definitely notice a little pooch around 13 weeks. I am now 22 weeks and there is no denying it, it's out there

Spotlight: Member Stories

Proud Army Wife (24) My Soldier (25) Our Fur Babies (1 dog, 2 cats, 1 sugar glider) TEAM BLUE!! EDD 7/25/10

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.