Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
sciatic nerve pain
mrselaine81 posted:
Nearing the end of my second trimester and have been experience the worst sciatic nerve pain. It feels like a sharp stabbing pain deep inside my left butt cheek and gets worse if I walk around. I've been having a pretty easy and comfortable pregnancy (with the exception of momnesia) thus far so this is a real bummer. Anyone else having this pain? What do you do to relieve it?

Jacque72903 responded:
I haven't had it yet, but I had it with ds. It can knock you down. I didn't think walking around helped either. I tried just laying on the opposite side and waiting it out, didn't really find much else I could do.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
I had it when I was nearing the end of my first tri and then it went away. I was so happy. It was the same way with my second pregnancy. But then over the past week it has started flaring up again. Mine is worse if I do a lot of walking or moving around during the day. The way I sit makes it worse too. When I had it at the beginning I used a heating pad on low on my upper thigh/butt cheek area. That made it feel better for the moment. If I got up and walked around it would start back up. I had it so bad the other night I thought I might not be able to walk. I was walking from the bed to the dresser with my laptop - trying to get it on the dresser and thought I might drop it. We are only talking....five feet maybe. It was horrible. Tylenol is also helpful for me but doesn't always help 100%.

eden51671 responded:
mine is BAD. I didnt have it with my first pregnancy. But man it hurts. I would think a chiropractor would help. thats where i send my patients. I just havent had the time. But i feel your pain sister! Literally!! : )

belle9164 responded:
I'm starting to get it and it sucks! I also have been having a lot of tail bone pain but that is different than the sciatic pain which shoots from my right butt cheek down. I'm only 15 weeks so I have a long way left to go :(

KBratt responded:
I get it bad multiple times a day, I just let it run it's course...but every night I lay on a heating pad for 15-20 mins before falling asleep.

Sorry I don't have a cure! :/

22; DH 21; EDD#1 8/24 Kelsey Paige

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 and pregnant with my first child. We are due March 19, 2011 and it's hard to believe that I'm just two weeks away from 1/2 way there! ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.