Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
pack and play question
mommy_a posted:
Would you guys buy a used pack and play from a few years ago, which seems to have been discontinued by Graco?
I can't seem to find the reason for discontinuing though .. it seems like a good pack and play, but am skeptical because it's no longer being sold by the company

Any ideas why it would be discontinue? can't find any recalls on the product.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
My guess is it could have been discontinued because of the pattern. The Graco highchair and stroller I bought when I had my first a few years ago were discontinued only because they were coming out with new patterns.

jenny8709 responded:
I agree, though not sure. Just like their travel system patterns, the quattro deluxe hass been around for years but they update the patterns every year.

Could you write to Graco? But I supppose if there arn't any recalls it should be good...

HTH :)

mmy2b responded:
I would just call or email Graco with the model number and inquire about recalls. I have 2 Graco pnp's that we used for my 5 year old and we will be using both of them again.

From what I've seen they've updated the styles of the accessories on them (like the taller changing tables), but the basic PNP part and the way it works looks the same.

mtlmayhem responded:
Good morning mommy_a!

Id totally use a used PNP...as long as I could see that it was still safe/sturdy...

I think some products are recalled/discontinued due to actual defects in the design, and some because safety standards change- (ie like for cribs the spindles were moved closer and closer together through the years...)

You could also check the website of the US CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFTEY COMMISSION ... they have compiled a list of recalls.. I think since the 1970s... (Listed by date of issue with most recent first) u can use the find/replace feature to point out all the GRACO listings..... HTH!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/child.html

Pamela11703 responded:
I would use it... You could always double the padding at the bottom if it seems to be too thin or worn down. Im assuming its discontinued because of the color or design. My Pack and Play was given to me by a friend, so she used it for her one child and I have already used it for my two. (my 2 year old takes his naps in it still) and I plan on keeping it for my next. I bought the quilted blanket made for the pack an dplay, its tight on the bottom so im not worried about anything happening with it. Its actually make for it.

mommy_a responded:
great, thanks girls for all the tips!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me 23, Hubby 24, 2 furry kids Winston and Claire! Due 6/20/10 with a baby girl!! Lily Mae :)

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.