Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
swimsuites..
Mena75 posted:
I am limited to maternity swimsuites..actually only one store carries them. I just went to three different stores (Jcpenney, Belk, and Kmart) I couldn' t find anything that fit me comfortable. We are going to Kings Island this week and I haven't a clue what to wear. I will be spending my time with youngest DS in the water area and walking him to to kiddy rides. Any suggestions on what I should wear? Thanks so much!!
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 4 EDD 11/23/10~

ttrishh responded:
Lurking from the 3rd:

I have seen a lot of women wear a bikini with a tank top over top if you are not comfortable walking around with your full belly hanging out. That way you don't need to pay extra for a maternity suit, they can be really expensive.

roni090909 responded:
I have a tankini that I got from Gap. Its not maternity. The maternity ones fit horribly. I just bought the top a little loose. Once I get my cute belly, I will wear a bikini. Right now I am in between the belly and fat stage.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

KDJK0001 responded:
I stayed away from the maternity suits too. I just bought a tankini from JC Penney that was loose in the waist and have been wearing it. It's just a basic black tankini top, which is great because I already had bottoms to match so I didn't have to spend a lot of money on both pieces.

azeliag responded:
I found a reasonable priced maternity swimsuit from Target. Its made like a Tankini with extra material in the stomach area. It is also adjustable.
Have fun at Kings Island! My DS went last week and had a blast.
Me(29), DBF(34), DS(8), Baby boy EDD 09/24/10

An_216961 responded:
I was wondering what most pregnant ladies think about this. My family is going down the shore for a week at the end of July and I'll be 8 months pregnant. They asked me if I got a swimsuit. I told them I'll be wearing my regular ones. They fit me just fine and they are the boy short kind. They were scandalized and told me I could not possibly do it with a huge belly. I told them I was not ashamed of being pregnant and there was nothing wrong with showing my belly. Opinions?

belle9164 responded:
I'm waiting till I really need one and then I still don't know. I own so many that I really can't see buying another one. I really don't see what the problem is with wearing a normal one if it still fits and your not "popping" out everywhere. If anything you can do what the pp said and wear that tank top over a regular swim suit top.
Alicia (24) DH (25) EDD 11-11-10 it's a BOY! Mommy to 3 dogs and a cat

CJ7860 responded:
I bought a couple at Pea in the Pod or whatever it is. I have a pool, so I need a few. Plus, last time...I just used my bikini's...and had to throw them all away later. If, your going to use them often...I find a couple.
Melissa (32) DH (34) DD (4.5) EDD 12/4 Looks like Blue Team according to 14 week U/S. But waiting for next US, seems early for gender to me!

beccadita80 responded:
I got mine at walmart.com for 26 bucks. It's a tankini but with a full cover bottom. It goes up over your belly or you can fold it down too. I also could wear other bottoms if I wanted to.

To Anon 6321.... I personally do not see an issue with this as long as you are comfortable....
Becca(29) DH(30) EDD 11/16 which is also my birthday! 2 furbabies

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a wonderful family. HD and I have been together since 2000. We have 3 beautiful children - DS 7/31/11, DD 7/18/12 and DS 1/26/14. LIFE IS GOOD!

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.