Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
hot!!
ChristenMarvin posted:
Just curious to know if any of you lovely pregnant ladies out there are having a feeling of being warm. Every now and then my body starts feeling warm, mainly in my hands chest and face, kinda like sunburnt. It's kind of like my face is flushed...wierd feeling. I felt this at the begining of my pregnancy and now im 27 weeks and feeling it again. Feels like I'm burning up!! Im assuming it's the raging hormones and extra blood circulating. Anyone else experiencing this?

TinaRaine responded:
I can relate! I was just about to come on and ask the same question. It's not even hot out today, I have every window open in the house, a tank top on, and the fan going full speed but still feels like I'm going to melt. I can actually feel the heat coming off of my body! Must be those crazy hormones! I dont feel sunburnt, just hot hot hot!!

ChristenMarvin replied to TinaRaine's response:
omg that is exactly how i feel!!! Thank God Im not the only one! I too can feel the heat coming off my body, its crazy!! Im wearing a tank top also. My cheeks feel so hot, my arms, hands. Drives me crazy!!!

FloralMom responded:
OMG! I am 'hot' all the time! I've even been waking up in the middle of the night with my shirt up, over my belly!

I gave up blankets a long time ago and am just down to a jersey cotton sheet... that I haven't used in about two weeks.

I almost want to laugh when I wake up for my midnight pee breaks because my shirt is pulled way up to right under my boobs and my belly is just hanging out... it's gotta be because I'm getting hot while I'm sleeping!

I find that I'm complaining about the heat and humidity soooooo much more than normal. A few people have even commented on it - like I'm the token 'hot pregnant lady'.

The thought of wearing a shirt with sleeves that go past my sholders is unbearable!!!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05, DS1 11/06, DS2 8/14/09 to 8/17/09. MTHFR - Folbee Plus

MRSKuhns responded:
I am only 14 weeks but I have that issue every day! Well more like mid-day and at night especially, lol...my husband gets cold because i turn the air up so high !

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Danielle I am 25. Married to a wonderful and loving husband for about 6 years. When i was 16 i got prego and had my first daughter at 17. I...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.