Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
weight gain
Jacque72903 posted:
is 8 lbs at 24 weeks good or bad? I was 172 lbs pp and at my appt today I was 180
Jacque (30), DH (38), DS (2), Jessica Lynn EDD 11/12/2010, 2 fur babies, Lacy (6) & Carley (4) both Chocolate Labs!  

nsteve responded:
Funny, we started at the same weight and are at the same weight now pretty much, but I'm only 18 weeks. I'd say your doing pretty darn good! :-)

roni090909 responded:
I would say that's pretty good. I wish I was only up 8 lbs.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

belle9164 responded:
I would say that's good. I'm up 16lbs at 24 weeks so I think that you win.
Alicia (24) DH (25) EDD 11-11-10 it's a BOY! Mommy to 3 dogs and a cat

truewyatt responded:
I am 23 weeks 5 days and I have gained 6lbs so far. I am a little overweight already so it isn't an issue for me. I was told to gain only around 15lbs.
What did your OB tell you to gain?
Me 37, DH 39, DS 1 and scheduled c-section 11/18 and PINK TEAM!!!!

mamathoma responded:
I'd say thats good. At my last apt I was 21 weeks and was up 7lbs. My goal is 15-20. I was 215lbs pre-preo.
Me 28, Dh 29, DD-9, DS-5, DS-23mo EDD 11/28 hoping for PINK!

hopeks27 responded:
So maybe my dr is right? I started at 175lbs and at 21wk have gained 3lbs. He is worried but I am not. Maybe I should?

araspberrytart responded:
I would say you're doing great! My pp weight was 174, and at 19 weeks I was 179. I'm only 5'5", so I had some to work with starting off. With my first pregnancy I only gained about 24 pounds, and it came off within six weeks or so after our daughter was born. I was breastfeeding, and plan to do it this time as well, and I've heard that helps!

Juniorsmama responded:
I have gained 19 lbs at 17 weeks! I was underweight however so my dr says it is alright. I gained 47 lbs with my DS and lost 56 lbs, not on purpose, after he was born.

NatashaT1 responded:
Sounds like you're doing great. I was also 170 pp, which is considered overweight. I'm almost 5'7". At 29 weeks I'm now at 183, so I've gained a whopping 13 pounds already. I still have a while to go and I only wanted to gain 20 lbs. So now I've pushed it up to a max of 25. I'm also stepping up my exercising a little bit more, though what I should be working on are the things I'm shoving into my mouth lol.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
I think that the most important thing is eating a healthy diet! During the second trimester, you are supposed to be gaining about a pound a week.

Here is a BMI Calculator that you can use to quickly find your BMI. After finding your Body Mass Index, you can look at the chart to see what range of weight is considered healthy to gain during pregnancy. It doesn't take long and is pretty interesting to see what your personal goal should be!

BMI CALCULATOR
http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus#moreBMI

PREGNANCY WEIGHT GAIN GUIDELINES
http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-weight-gain-guidelines

I hope that this tool and article helps some of you ladies feel better and have a better understanding of weight gain. I am sure that you are all doing a perfect job!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! My name is Kate and I just joined this community and I'm excited to meet other moms. I am a mother of 4 children and found out in Apr...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.