Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Not getting any bigger!?!?
nsteve posted:
So I'm 19w 2d now and I sware I'm not getting any bigger. I keep waiting and waiting for my belly to pop and it still hasn't. Making it worse, everyone I tell I'm pregnant (even complete strangers) tell me they couldn't even tell I was pregnant! I have a belly, but its not a real pregnant looking one. The only time I really feel like you can tell is if I eat a BIG meal. But come morning time, its back to normal. Anyone else not showing a lot?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

roni090909 responded:
Mine didn't pop until after 20 weeks. And when it did boy did it. I doubled overnight. I thought for sure I would be showing by 15 weeks, since this was my 2nd but that was not the case at all.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

Chocolatemoca responded:
I have the same problem. I'm 22w 1d and I'm still not showing. The dr. last week said I'm carrying really low. I'm overweight so I still have what I call my rolls, my bottom roll is getting bigger but that's it. I still have in inny for a belly button and a crease where my pants usually rest. I'm just wondering if I'll every pop. No one thinks I look pregnant heck I don't think I look it either just fatter imo.
Anne(34),DH(33) Due 12/05/10 w/our first LO It's a girl.

yogijan responded:
hi all, lurking from the 1st tri board. But with my second child I was still in my size 2 prepreg jeans fully buttoned at my 20 week u/s. and let me assure you that by 30 weeks i was def. looking very preggo. it will come, there's no doubt about that lol

hh9!!!

yogijan

sweetbaby82 replied to yogijan's response:
19 weeks is still pretty early on...some people at my work didnt even know I was pregnant until they got an email for my baby shower at around 26 weeks, but I was already feeling very "fat" by then! The belly will come...mine did around 30 weeks
Baby Boy Due 9/18/10

krazykatt707 replied to sweetbaby82's response:
Wish I had this problem! This is my second and I started showing at 10 weeks. (I was about 28 weeks or so before my belly popped with my first.) My OB says its normal though and I even lost weight! Kinda drives me crazy that i look so big already. I suppose since I'm not real heavy, there isn't really anywhere for any of it to go. your build has alot to do with it as well as how fit and "tight" your abdominal muscles are.
Rachel(26),DH(27),DS(3),EDD(2-6-11)

xiri16 responded:
I still feel just fat and not showing. My belly still isn't passing up my boobs. I'm just over 20 weeks now and I want to look as pregnant as I feel. Getting up and down is becoming more and more of a chore--I want the attention that comes with looking preggers.

ReneeErin replied to xiri16's response:
I felt the same way. My belly just surpassed my boobs and I'm 35 weeks on Sunday!! My cousin is due the same day as me and looked this size back in March!!!! Weird how we all carry differently... I got a lot of comments around 26-27 weeks that I FINALLY looked pregnant. Now that my belly actually is big, I find myself running into everything and TOTALLY unable to have sex =P However, I do like being obviously pregnant...
Erin (27) DH (29) First baby due 9/12/10!!! Finally! =) (We STILL don't know what it is!!!)

MsMollyMac responded:
I am having the same problem! I am 18w 4d, and I just have a little bump. I expected to be huge this time, but that hasn't happened yet.
Me: 26, DH: 30, DD: 3, new little one due 1-3-11

xiri16 responded:
I went to the bank today (20 w 2d, and despite having finally gain an inch over the last 6 weeks, when I mentioned being pregnant to the banker her response was that she couldn't tell, was amazed that I was 20 weeks along, and said I looked great. Looking great is nice, but I want to look PREGNANT. I saw a chubby ten year old the other day who looked much more pregnant than me. Her tummy stuck out. I'm a little bigger and a lot stiffer all over my tummy, but with no "pop".

ILUVMESUMHIM replied to xiri16's response:
WELL I'M ONLY 14WKS AND IFD OONE MORE PERSONS TELLS ME OMG YOUR BELLY IS POPPING OUT YOU LOOK SO PREGNANT IM GONNA GO VRAZY ITS FUNNY BECAUSE IT FEELS THE THE BABY IS SITIING AT THE TOP OF MY STOMACH SO I GUESS THATS WHY IM SHOWING SO EARLY BBUT IM ENJOYING IT WISH IT WASNT SO HOT I CANT WAIT TILL I GET FURTHER ALONG IM ANXIOUS TO SE HOW BIG I GONNA GET BUT TO MAKE THING MORE ANNOYING IM A CASHIER AND I STAND ON MY FEET ALL DAY CUSTOMERS CONSTANTLY ASK ME WHEN I DUE AND WHEN I TELL THEM IN FEBRUARY THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES R PRICELESS

truewyatt responded:
I am now 24 weeks 2 days and i am not really showing either. I am a little overweight but not too fat if you know what i mean.
My DH was getting his hair cut yesterday and he told the stylist that I was pg and she said "oh, i was going to say something but I didn't want to." Now I know I don't look pg. LOL at least I don't think so.
Me 37, DH 39, DS 1 and scheduled c-section 11/18 and PINK TEAM!!!!

kmcarnag responded:
When I was 30 weeks with number 2 some people at work were still surprised when I told them I was pregnant. I didn't "pop" until 32 weeks. Now at 37 weeks, I definately appear pregnant, though most people would say more like 6 months than 9. That's OK with me. It's much easier to get back to your pre-baby size when you're not all stretched out. With my DS (2 years old now) I didn't ever pop. I looked at most 4 months pregnant the night before I delivered my 7 lb 14 oz 21.5 inch baby. Size of Mom doesn't always indicate size of baby. I'm not really thin and not really heavy (BMI 24), but I'm rather tall, so my babies have plenty of room to grow without stretching me out.

JaSZii responded:
i havent really talked about it to anyone but my mother and peers at skewl..but i dnt braggg b/c im not showin to really prove it. i went to tha health apt an tha prego test said negative but im still feeling movemnts an going thru sudden changes! im almost four...i have to count mii dayz up again:)*

JaSZii replied to xiri16's response:
lol mee to...i hate that i feel it but dnt show as a proof..was yu scared wen yu found out...i wasnt bc i knew wat i was doin...i wasnt planing it or nun...im jus sayn...itz still a surprise because mii sis is 15 an she jus found out n tha family knowz...sadly:( mii turn to tell, but how!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24, married to my dh who will be 30 this year (crazy!). We have a 2 year old son at home and expecting a little girl in June. DH is a teacher and...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.