Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
My wife is 24 weeks pregnant and her Uterus is sore
Braydon2010 posted:
My wife's uterus is aching and we wanted to know if this is normal. Can anyone help?

An_217025 responded:
I feel achy quite a bit, and it is just from everything growing and stretching. As long as her pain doesn't come and go like contractions or her belly is getting rigid with the pain, I would say it is probably normal aches and pains. She can try taking tylenol to see if that helps. It helps me when I get really achy. If it is really worrying her though, she should call her doctor and see what they say.

MRSKuhns responded:
I agree with the previous person, i get achy, or feel more tender there often..but I just try to ignore it. Its mostly from round ligament pain and what not. Sometimes my lower abdomen is a little more sensitive than I am used to, but my doctor says thats normal. Good luck, try not to worry to much :)
Me (22), DH (25), LO on the way Jan.2011

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Braydon2010,

I just wanted to say how nice it is to see a husband concerned and looking out for his wife and family! :-D

As the other ladies described, your wife's body is going through an enormous amount of change and the expanding of the uterus definitely will cause aches and pains.

Here is a WebMD article on different ways to treat pregnancy discomforts, so you and your wife can work together on finding more comfort as well as being aware of what to expect and be cautious of.

UNDERSTANDING PREGNANCY DISCOMFORTS
http://www.webmd.com/baby/understanding-pregnancy-discomforts-treatment

Congratulations on being a father! I'm sure you will do an amazing job. :)
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.