Maternity clothes
kristinrayerootes posted:
I am feeling down about maternity clothes right now. It seems like there isn't a lot out there that I like! I have bought a few things from Old Navy, but I want more tops for work and am having troubles. My SIL went to a consignment shop she really liked that only sells maternity so I might have to check that out since they will probably have a wider selection. I am also not willing to pay big money for something I will only wear for 6 months or less. This is my second pregancy so I have some stuff, but I don't like all of that either! Where have you been buying clothes?

bgabert responded:
Haha I feel your pain!!

Thank god I have friends who are willing to lend me their stuff, I have almost an entire wardrobe, lol.
Bri (24), Jarrod (28), DD Emery, (6/15/2009), Baby 2 - EDD Feb. 13, 2011

kristinrayerootes replied to bgabert's response:
I am thinking of asking my SIL if she has any tops I can borrow, but I think she borrowed alot from her friends so she might not have a lot to give back!

roni090909 responded:
I get most of my stuff from Gap. A few stores have maternity in them or you can get them online. For some reason Motherhood Maternity never fits me right.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

MRSKuhns responded:
I also shop at a consignment store, but have found nicer clothes at Target, and Gordmans (these are only in certain states, nut you can buy online), and i also like Burlington Coat Factory's Maternity section! Good luck :)
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

ILoveTeaching replied to MRSKuhns's response:
H&M has cute maternity clothes.

ESHmom responded:
I bought most of my maternity clothes when I was preggo with my son 6 years ago from Old Navy online. I think they have more stuff online than in the stores. Otherwise, I scour 2nd hand stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army and a few others. I've gotten lucky a few times with these shops :)

I stay away from Target because their clothes shrink too much. A large shirt soon becomes an 'almost small' after only a wash or two.

MRSKuhns replied to ILoveTeaching's response:
What is H&M?
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

ILoveTeaching replied to MRSKuhns's response:
H&M is a trendy department store. We have one at one of our malls here.

ShanunC responded:
Im really bummed about the maternity clothes situation.. I live in a small city and there are seriously stores everywhere..
however only a couple that sell maternity..
I went into Old Navy the other day .. and they seriously have maybe a 4x4 section.. with b arely anything in it.. and nothing that I liked.. however online I love there selection..
I did find a pair of pants and shirt at Motherhood maternity but everything was so expensive.. I found a pair of pants for 25 but then the shirt I bought was the same stinkin price.. 50 bucks for a shirt and pants.. ANNOYING.. i didnt know H&m sold maternity clothes.. I dont have a store near me but ill have to check out online..

abbygailsmom1 responded:
I just went up a size on a few of my shirts and made sure that the style was long enough. That has worked so far and I am pretty big with this being #3. You could also get some of the shirts that are what I call balloon shirts with the elastic in the waist. That is what I have on today.

BTW- I think maternity clothes are a rip off but you can't go naked all the time.

What about some bigger size sun dresses that you can put a long sleeve t-shirt under in the winter time?
Heather (30) DH-Kevin (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) new precious baby scheduled c-section mid January 2011