Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Maternity clothes
kristinrayerootes posted:
I am feeling down about maternity clothes right now. It seems like there isn't a lot out there that I like! I have bought a few things from Old Navy, but I want more tops for work and am having troubles. My SIL went to a consignment shop she really liked that only sells maternity so I might have to check that out since they will probably have a wider selection. I am also not willing to pay big money for something I will only wear for 6 months or less. This is my second pregancy so I have some stuff, but I don't like all of that either! Where have you been buying clothes?

bgabert responded:
Haha I feel your pain!!

Thank god I have friends who are willing to lend me their stuff, I have almost an entire wardrobe, lol.
Bri (24), Jarrod (28), DD Emery, (6/15/2009), Baby 2 - EDD Feb. 13, 2011

kristinrayerootes replied to bgabert's response:
I am thinking of asking my SIL if she has any tops I can borrow, but I think she borrowed alot from her friends so she might not have a lot to give back!

roni090909 responded:
I get most of my stuff from Gap. A few stores have maternity in them or you can get them online. For some reason Motherhood Maternity never fits me right.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

MRSKuhns responded:
I also shop at a consignment store, but have found nicer clothes at Target, and Gordmans (these are only in certain states, nut you can buy online), and i also like Burlington Coat Factory's Maternity section! Good luck :)
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

ILoveTeaching replied to MRSKuhns's response:
H&M has cute maternity clothes.

ESHmom responded:
I bought most of my maternity clothes when I was preggo with my son 6 years ago from Old Navy online. I think they have more stuff online than in the stores. Otherwise, I scour 2nd hand stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army and a few others. I've gotten lucky a few times with these shops :)

I stay away from Target because their clothes shrink too much. A large shirt soon becomes an 'almost small' after only a wash or two.

MRSKuhns replied to ILoveTeaching's response:
What is H&M?
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

ILoveTeaching replied to MRSKuhns's response:
H&M is a trendy department store. We have one at one of our malls here.

ShanunC responded:
Im really bummed about the maternity clothes situation.. I live in a small city and there are seriously stores everywhere..
however only a couple that sell maternity..
I went into Old Navy the other day .. and they seriously have maybe a 4x4 section.. with b arely anything in it.. and nothing that I liked.. however online I love there selection..
I did find a pair of pants and shirt at Motherhood maternity but everything was so expensive.. I found a pair of pants for 25 but then the shirt I bought was the same stinkin price.. 50 bucks for a shirt and pants.. ANNOYING.. i didnt know H&m sold maternity clothes.. I dont have a store near me but ill have to check out online..

abbygailsmom1 responded:
I just went up a size on a few of my shirts and made sure that the style was long enough. That has worked so far and I am pretty big with this being #3. You could also get some of the shirts that are what I call balloon shirts with the elastic in the waist. That is what I have on today.

BTW- I think maternity clothes are a rip off but you can't go naked all the time.

What about some bigger size sun dresses that you can put a long sleeve t-shirt under in the winter time?
Heather (30) DH-Kevin (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) new precious baby scheduled c-section mid January 2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

me...i'm 45 and this is my 3rd, son is 20 daughter 11 and due 2/2/12

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.