Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Braxton Hicks?
MRSKuhns posted:
Can someone please help me? What do Braxton Hicks feel like and where have you felt it in your body? I know I am asking about this in a weird way, I am curious though because I think I have had them a couple time, just real mild.
Any info about your experience with them would be helpful! Thanks ladies
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

teacherbeck responded:
I started noticing these weird tightenings around wk 20 and I still have them pretty much every day; I'll be 26 wks tomorrow.
It only happens once or a few times per day, and at first I thought I had to pee or something. It was a weird sensation.
I finally figured out that they are BH contractions. I have mentioned them to my doctr at my 21 and 23 wk appts and she said it was normal but to call her if I had 4 or more in an hour. They are sometimes a little uncomfy, like I have to slow my walk, but not painful at all.
I feel them below my belly button in my lower abdomen. When I am having them if I push around in that area it feels hard/tight. They last a minute or so and then it goes away.
I looked up old discussion on here about it, b/c I knew I would ask my doctr anyway but wanted some advice in the meantime. HTH
Becky(30) DH(36); 1 furbaby(cat) Clark Kent TRIGS: 1 m/c Jackson James(Aug'09) This LO due Dec 27th 2010!!

MRSKuhns responded:
Yeah that does help, thanks! I feel all that too...the thing that is weird to me is sometimes i also feel a sort of light clenching feeling in the pelvic area....is that normal...it doesn't hurt and goes away with the rest of it.

jmarsh81 replied to MRSKuhns's response:
lurking from 3rd tri. i was told that you feel braxton hicks in the lower part of your stomach and in the pelvic area. and real contractions usually start in the back and move around to the whole stomach. i am sure all women are different, just like all pregnancies are different. hth.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
This Braxton Hicks or True Labor Contractions? might help with signs to look for as far contractions. Hope the article helps!
Best Wishes! Amelia

MRSKuhns replied to jmarsh81's response:
Thank you so much...thats exactly what i have been feeling and was thinking it was Braxton Hicks i just wanted to be sure! AGain thank you, i worry too much I think...lol

Maria0909 responded:
Yeah it's a tightening in your stomach. They go away but are really uncomfortable. It's almost like you are trying to suck in your stomach and flex your abs at the same time, if that helps. I'm 15 weeks and I get them from time to time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - my name is Toni - I am 35 and pregnant for the first time with twin girls. My husband Bill and I have been married since 2007 and are so...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.