Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Got pimples?
Maria0909 posted:
OMG!!!! I am so over this!!! I'm not having major acne or anything but I am so sick of getting a new pimple every other day... well that's what it feels like. I keep may face clean, I hardly wear makeup, and yet I am still getting them!!! Maybe I am picking too much when I see one.. Anyone else going through this?

Wendy12345678 responded:
Ugh, I feel ya. I don't usually have much acne, but I recently started getting pimples. AND they don't go away very fast. Some are super tiny but still annoying, especially around my mouth. Its not a lot, and there not big, but still looks bad. I pick too, just can't help wanting them gone, but they last longer when I do. Most aren't big enough to really pick at, like theres nothing much in them. I'm sick of it also, I had clear nice skin a few weeks ago, but now at 25 weeks I've been dealing with this for a couple of weeks. I really hope this is not how all of my third trimester will be!!!!

kal1973 responded:
I don't normally have a problem with acne, but this pregnancy has caused horrible, painful blemishes. I tried everything and the only thing that is sort of helping is that ProActive that you see on TV. I still get them, but they do go away more quickly than they were before. It's not cheap, and I did check with my doctor before hand.

1sttimepreggo responded:
had acne once for like a month when i was a teenager bought some pro-active and used it ever since i stopped one time and got lil break outs nothing major but annoying so i started again then i found out i was preggo so i stopped again my face isnt horrible but when i get rid of one its ike two more come im about to screammm

mommyNtraining responded:
omg i hate pimples! i have cystic acne so the only that ever helped was birth control and unfortunately thats a no go for now lol. its soo common during pregnancy to break out tho, thanks to our crazy hormones. not much we can do but clean, moisturize and treat w/pimple cream if needed. i get a couple on my chin , but my main problem is from when i use really thick lotion on my belly n boobs and its causing me to break out in tiny little red bumps all over my chest and tummy now. try to treat for stretchmarks and this is what i get! go figure. lol

blueskies2012 responded:
I'm like WTH! Where is my "glow" that everybody talked about? I guess for some your "glow" is an oil field on your face & a patch of pimples. I'm not used to breakouts like this, maybe that 1 or 2 pimples that pop up around my cycle time. How can you possibly look gorgeous during this time?

Anon_173978 replied to blueskies2012's response:
My skin has been being difficult too. Its more oily and Ive been getting tiny pimples here and there. My skin was so nice before i got pregnant. My shoulders also have been pretty bad. I scrub and scrub. What kept my acne at bay before i was pregnant isnt helping at all now. Im so frustrated. Ive been wondering where the heck's my glow at too...

Grahambee responded:
My face is doing OK since I left the 1st trimester, but now I keep getting pimples on my chest. Probably because my giant pregnancy boobs squish together when I sleep, because that's exactly where I seem to get them. Not a good look for summer, and maternity tops are so low-cut it's ridiculous. Can't wait for fall!

missashley1010 responded:
Yeah that glow everyone talks about...I have not had nor do I think I will get Iv been breaking out almost this whole pregnancy yay me....not!! I hate it I never wear makeup anymore because it makes it worse but then everyone is like why dont you were makeup anymore makes me feel worse. Why acne why!!!???!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me--31.. DH..34 first time (and last given how rought that 1st trimester was). Totally exicted, praying to be on the PINK team.

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.