Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
MY HAIR!!!
1sttimepreggo posted:
so i have been looking forward to my hair and nails growing but nopw nothing yet my hair is actually falling out instead well actually it mor elike shedding its everywhere i do not ever miss my prenatals so i dont understand....should i worry or is this something some ppl deal with??

mommyNtraining responded:
here's a link that might help.. pregnancy effects every one differently. "http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hairloss.html"

MRSKuhns responded:
I have the same problem! I hate it, but my doctor said as long as it not coming out in clumps its not something to worry about.
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

1sttimepreggo replied to MRSKuhns's response:
thanx mommy i will check that out!!!

@MRS it does suck there is strands every where i even feel like theres bugs on me at nite lol but its just hair and my hair is long so its even more annoying but yea its not clumps even when i wash but geesh i might b bald by the time i deliver if it doesnt stop!!!

MRSKuhns replied to 1sttimepreggo's response:
Lol, i know how you feel.. and you know its bad when your husband starts pulling hairs off your clothing randomly through out the day..lol !

Well I find comfort in not being alone on this one
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

lady_samwise responded:
I'm also the same way, and I was highly dissapointed about it because I thought finally I will stop shedding, and if anything it has gotten worse. and my hair is still just as thick as normal which I just cannot fathom lol I feel like i should be bald by now.

jlbwondering35 replied to lady_samwise's response:
Well my hair is def. growing quicker, but it's CERTAINLY not silky and beautiful like everyone says it will be! And my nails are breaking more now then before I was pregnant! LOL! Oh well! Healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby are all I care about! At least I won't be disappointed about my hair when the prenatal vitamins are done, since they haven't made it any better!
ME (36) DH (39) BLUE TEAM!!! EDD 2/28/11

1sttimepreggo replied to jlbwondering35's response:
@MRS K lol yea I feel bad for my bf too we will be laying down and he'll jump up like omg theres hair in my mouth lol guess imma keep a pony from now on!!!

@LADY lol mine looks the same too but i just cant imagine it staying this way if it continues, i wonder if its the type of prenatals im taking because that is the only thing i have changed in my life...or maybe we are just the lucky few that doesnt get nice shiny locks figures with my luck

@JLB lol at least it is growing, my nails seem a lil thinner and more fragile now too and yes i agree healthy baby is what im looking forward to (peferably with a nice head full of hair )

GLAD YOU LADIES RESPONDED I WAS BEGGINING TO THINK SOMETHING WAS GOING WRONG WITH MY PREGNANCY!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I begin? My Husband and I have been together since I was 16, that was thirteen years ago. We recently married on 9/12/09 and were ready to st...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.