Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Those of you that know BOY or GIRL
An_217054 posted:
Share with us! Your "tell tale signs" of having a boy or girl now that you know......

Was the babies HB higher or lower in the early weeks?

Were you sick- throwing up vs. just nausea?

What did you crave in 1st tri? Sweet? Sour? Salty?

Did you have "mother's instinct" or were you totally surprised?

Anything else notable?!

I am 9weeks and counting...and can hardly stand not knowing gender! Let us know for fun!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

heatherenee responded:
Im having a little boy and I have to say even tho some signs pointed to it I was still suprised....I really thought I'd be having a girl.
The HB started low at 140 the first time we saw it on an u/s...at 13ish weeks it had jumped to 170, and now seems to be leveled out at a steady 150.
I was really never too nauseous (sp?), nor did I throw up. I would get little 2 or 3 minute bouts of nausea here and there and that was usually fixed with a good burb lol
As far as cravings- I have craved both sour and sweet, just depended on the day....never really had a craving for the salty snacks tho.
Heather(25),Jon(23), Baby boy due Feb.1, 2011.

jadedstar responded:
Heart rate was 160's in early weeks and leveled off in 140's before 2nd tri and stay constant in 140 range so far.

so sick throwing up for longest time actually lost 8 lbs in a one week toward end of first tri sick stayed fairly constant until almost 20 wks. am now 24 1/2 wks and still get sick just not everyday now.

Craving salty, and sour, couldnt stand sweets until about 20 wks LOL I am a chocoholic and i couldnt eat it at all UGH!! the more salt the better.

This LO is all BOY. I didnt want to admit it at first but deep inside i had the feeling it was boy i think because the symptoms I have had with this one were opposite from my little girl. with her I was nauseas craved sweets i carried her high and am carrying this one low.
just remember everyone is different
~JadedStar 32~DD 7~it's a BOY EDD 1/20/2011~Single mom and I like it that way~

Dawngirl29 responded:
I am 22 weeks along with my 3rd child, a boy. My other 2 children are girls. I pretty much knew this was a boy, because with my girls, I had nausea 24/7 for months, but with this one, none, and I've been very hungry with him, craving sweets especially. I have a different feeling with him. With both my daughters, I just knew they were girls (especially my 2nd daughter, whom I carried exactly the same as my first), and with this baby, I just really felt he was a boy. His HB started out 160, then has been in the 140s or 150.
30yr old single Mom, 2 daughters age 7

StarryGrrl responded:
I'm have a girl.

Her heart rate has been between 140-150.

I was nauseous for the first trimester but I never threw up.

I craved all different kinds of things in the first trimester. With my son I only craved sweets, but this time it was something different everyday it seemed.

I kind of thought I was having a girl, because this pregnancy is so different than my last one, but I've heard that every pregnancy is different no matter what, so I wasn't sure.
Me and DH (31) DS 2 yrs. old. Baby girl on the way EDD 2/19/11

bgabert responded:
I compared this pregnancy to my last one.. and that's what triggered me into thinking it was a different gender.. but, I'll answer all the questions anyways!

LO's HB was 150-165 in the early weeks

I was VERY nauseous. I probably would have been sick if I hadn't willed myself not too! LOL (I detest throwing up so much I will just force myself not to!)

I didn't crave anything in the first trimester!

I just "knew" it was a boy this time. With DD, I just "knew" she was a girl too.

Not much else notable, but I am carrying WAY differently than I did with DD. She was always very high, and this little guy is constantly kicking my cervix, right above my pelvic bone and generally anywhere under my belly button.
Bri (24), Jarrod (28), DD Emery, (6/15/2009), Baby 2 - EDD (2/13/2011) Go BLUE Team!!

MNMommy3 responded:
I am 26 weeks with baby #3. My first 2 were boys and those pregnancies were a BREEZE compared to this one it seems. With my boys I had no morning sickness and VERY minimal nausea. I actually felt really good throughout. I was carrying much higher with both of them. This one is a girl and has been quite different. Heart rate has been 145 throughout the entire pregnancy. I had a ton of nausea for about 6 weeks in the first tri and somewhat into the 2nd tri. I was also extremely tired all of 1st tri and well into the 2nd tri and I can feel it coming back again. I am carrying her very low. Rarely do I feel any movement above my belly button; it's all way, way low in my pelvis. I have also been EXTREMELY emotional with my girl. I craved lots of yogurt and fruit in the beginning. I assumed it was a girl and was very happy when it was confirmed :)
~ Kelly (31), DB (30), DS (12), DS (5), little GIRL due 01/09/11.

Wendy12345678 responded:
Well... This is my 3rd, and we its 90% sure that its another boy. Whats weird is that this pregnancy is different than others. All three of my pregnancies where different, but boys. This one is much different, I've gained far less weight, have more zits, and a grumpier tummy. Before the ultrasound I thought girl because it was so different, but now I just think every pregnancy has its differences. Sorry my situation didn't clear anything up, but waiting to find out is fun too, enjoy all the guessing before you know!

Wendy12345678 replied to Wendy12345678's response:
WHOOPS! We're 90% sure its a boy. Messed that one up LOL.

jstjtyjs responded:
This is my 3rd pregnancy. We have 2 boys and we're expecting a girl this time!!! Yay! My first and second pregnancy were completely different from eachother. The first go round, I felt.... fine. Pregnant, but fine. No real issues. The second go round, I had every issue in the book.... horrid breakouts, digestion issues, a SUPER bad mood the whole time, extreme exhaustion, contractions early on.... ugh. You name it, I had it. Both ended up being boys. That said, our boys are COMPLETE opposites of eachother!!!! First baby with easy pregnancy - EASY baby. Second baby with difficult pregnancy - colicky, difficult baby (who is a complete joy NOW though I may say ;) ) This time, my pregnancy is much like my first (thank goodness!). No real issues, everything is running smoothly... my mood is good, baby is doing well. The only real differences I'd say are that I spotted sporadically throughout the first trimester this time (but my body has been messed up since my 2nd pregnancy, so no real surprise there) and she seems less active than her brothers were.... though my placenta is on the front of my uterus, so that's probably why. I never got the least bit sick with ANY pregnancy.....I never really crave anything during pregnancy.... her heartbeat is actually lower than both of her brothers were at EVERY appointment, even though I think girls are supposed to have a faster rate. My weight gain is the same as my first pregnancy. I gained fast in the beginning the first time and then evened out. The second time, I gained NOTHING until I was 17 weeks and then gained fast in the middle and nothing at the end..... hmmm.... what else? The first time I just "knew" it was a boy, the second time I had NO intuition and this time I "knew" it was a girl.
Me(27), DH(27), DS(8), DS(3), Our third is on the way!!!!! EDD 2/3/2011

pixtera responded:
I was was pretty convinced I was having a boy. As was everyone else. My mom and a co-worker kept saying it was a girl. Apparently with girls you have really bad ms. Well at 21 weeks and still having ms daily it holds true for me. Found out at 18 weeks it was a girl!

excited_4_baby responded:
This is our first LO - a girl. HB was 156 until about 20 weeks then it went to 145, then 23 weeks it went to about 134.

I was TERRIBLE sick for the entire 1st tri and part of the 2nd. Mostly nauseous, but I had days that I spent in the hospital for dehydration because I just couldn't keep anything down. Thank goodness for Zophran. Even though I usually felt groggy and medicine head, I think that's what kept me from throwing up many days.

1st tri I could not stand anything too sweet like chocolate bars or anything that left a thick coating in my mouth. I wanted fruit... but my love for junkfood has since returned. Bring on the Milky Ways and Peanut Butter!!!

I really thought it was a boy in the beginning but probably because DH wanted a girl so bad. So we were totally surprised in the big u/s. I've been emotional, but mostly happy. And most comments are about how high I'm carrying.
Me (32); DH (32); 1 fur-baby - Leo; new LO EDD 1/15/11 - PINK TEAM!!

sarahgrl responded:
I'm having a girl, I kinda had a feeling it was girl but wasn't 100%. I guess since I wanted another girl I didn't want to get my hopes up too high. I was SICK the whole first tri and into the beginning of second tri, I am 20 weeks and have only gained 3 lbs so that should give you a hint at how that went. I crave salty, sweet, sour....pretty much chips and candy (I could go for some sour patch kids right about now..mmmm). I can NOT eat meat at night especially ground meat like hamburgers or even spaghetti sauce with meat in it, it still makes me vomit to eat it at night. With the HB, at the 8 week U/S it was 156 bpm, then at 18 weeks when we found out the sex it was 149 bpm. My DD1 stayed at 150 bpm the entire pregnancy though.

DH was not surprised at all when we found out it was a girl, he said "I told ya'" I guess he had "daddy's intuition" lol
Me (28) DH (28) DD1 (2) New LO Joining the PINK team!! DD2 EDD 2/19/2011

HaveFaith1224 responded:
We had a strong HB from very early on. I was horribly sick w/ vomiting (morning, noon and night) up until recently. I'm 26 weeks and still have a hard time in the mornings. I'm carrying in in the stomach, not much else about my appearance has changed. I've been dealing with acne and I have NO cravings. In fact, nothing sounds appealing to me. I completely "knew" I was having a boy and so did most of my friends and family. So when the doc told us that we're having a boy, we were not at all surprised! This is my first pregnancy, so I didn't really know what to expect and didn't have anything to compare it to. Good luck!

ShanunC responded:
Im having a boy... this prego was sooooooo different than when I had DD.. with DD I was a little tired and my boobs hurt and that was about it.. I was always eating anything and everything...
this time around.. ive had such food aversion and been nauseas sooooo much.. it started to clear up around 17-18 weeks..i still have ALOT of food aversions.. I dont really care to eat anything processed froma box or can.. I want veggies and homeade meals.. sweets dont sit well with me.. which is weird cuz Im a total snickers bar gal.. but I could care less about that stuff.. the sweetest thing I have is my coffee...
the first time we heard the HB it was in the 160s.. ever since then its been in the 140's... i tend to eat more salty foods.. like tortilla chips and salsa.. and the only thing I really truely crave.. Is applebbess mild boneless buffalo wings drenched in blue cheese.. probably the onlyr eal processed thing I eat..lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Nicole. I have a uterine condition called Uterus Didelphys. I am currently pregnant in my right uterus with my first child, but second preg...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.